21. 𝙏𝙬𝙤 𝙈𝙪𝙨𝙠𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙧𝙨

"I'm either going to stab myself in the ears or hang up." Imelda Fell was far from in the mood to hear how her Aunt had a "sexy dream" about the man Imelda calls dad.

After last night, Imelda never got the chance to actually go home and sleep. To much had happened that even if she wanted, sleep wouldn't come. So, sadly, Imelda was running on six blood bags a few cups of coffee and far too many chocolate muffins to count.

Currently, she stood in an antique store trying to find something for Caroline. She had just left the Gilbert's after giving Jeremy an old sketch book of her's. She had narrowly avoided Bonnie arriving. That was something she still felt bad over, but it seemed Bonnie as okay.

"After the summer you put me through, you can hear all about my sexy dreams and run-ins with a horrible ex." Meredith laughed as she continued to get ready for the long day ahead of her.

Imelda had the urge to vomit. "He's my dad, Mer! I don't ever, and I mean, ever want think of him doing the horizontal tango." She was dead serious but her Aunt's snorting and wheezing laughter told her that her words were seen as a joke.

From beside Imelda stood Mikael, his gaze peering through the shop window as Niklaus sauntered in. It was apparent to only Mikael that the bond had grown strong enough for the two to be able to find the other, even in a small town.

Their scents were imprinted on the other and it was clear Niklaus had been focusing so greatly on Imelda that he was able to blindly follow her scent. Soon enough, Mikael would begin teaching Imelda all he knew of her lineage.

"I'm going to the bar,-"

"Has anyone told you it's bad for a doctor to be a day drinker?" Imelda cut her Aunt off as a scent that could only be described as Klaus, wrapped around her. "Seriously, Mer. Why don't you pick up coffee, coffee addicts have more fun."

"Ah, yes, the fun of a coffee addict." Klaus drawled, standing next to Imelda. "Tell me, does the fun begin when you feel jittery or is it when you're crashing?"

Imelda ignored his smirk. "I'll talk to you later."

She hung up on her Aunt, not giving her a chance to reply before she was slipping her phone back into her jeans pocket. She turned and continued gazing at the tarnished looking trinkets. She really sucked at giving gifts, Iris was always better at it.

"Aunt Meredith?" Klaus presumed watching as her head jerked to peer up at him, her eyes wide.

"Caroline and I had a bit of a chat. Told me all about your childhood and your family members. Also mentioned you and Aunt Meredith are the last Fells in Mystic Falls but no one besides you has met her."

"Leave her alone." Imelda spouted. "No one knows her because that's how I keep her safe." At her own words her nose wrinkled.

"Oh god, never mind, I've screwed up." She shook her head and looked back at the trinkets. "She met Alaric twice now."

Klaus glanced over the trinkets. "If you're looking for a gift, I have something better to offer." Caroline Forbes had a long rant and ramble about how Imelda Fell was simultaneously the worst and best gift giver.

The faux twin, Iris was better at giving gifts but Imelda gave gifts from the heart. Klaus was even able to see the portrait of Caroline and her parents. It hung on the wall and Caroline was proud of it. She mentioned Imelda had always had talent in sketching but painted like a third grader.

Imelda tapped her thigh. "Do I have to give anything back for this supposed better gift? Because I don't know if you know Caroline Forbes, but that blonde is downright terrifying if anyone's forgotten her birthday." She glanced to see that Mikael had left, though she didn't know when.