22. 𝘿𝙧𝙖𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙇𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙨

"Give me all of the records on Abbey Bennett." Imelda's pupils were dilated as she peered into brown, glazed over eyes.

"One moment, Ms. Fell." The nurse offered a polite smile before leaving the nurse's station and heading to the records room.

"See? Easy peasy." Damon clapped Imelda's back. "Human diet is clearly better than fuzzy animals, wouldn't you agree?"

Imelda tapped her thigh. "So long as it's cold." She reminded him, smiling as he scoffed before leaning his back against the wall next to her.

"So, I was thinking once we get momma witch, we get them to break whatever's wrong with you." Damon had done research on his own about the whole mate thing.

Based on what he could figure out, mate's were a very natural and very powerful thing among the werewolf species. If mates found one another and accepted said mate, their life force become entangled and they became even stronger, so long as they were together.

It was scary as hell to Damon. Not that he'd openly admit it.

On their own, Klaus was already powerful and Imelda was proving to be just as strong. And given the fact that everyone but Ric and Imelda wanted Klaus dead, Damon had to find someway to save his sister and best friend. Even if it meant her and Ric hating him in the end.

"There isn't anything you can do." Imelda drummed her fingers on the desktop. "Trying to break it is like keeping me from being a hybrid. Eventually, it'll happen."

"Not with that attitude." Damon scoffed. "Look, Buffy, I promised you two things. One, to keep you vamp-friendly and two, look after you. This is me looking after you."

"Three, loser." Imelda was the one to scoff. "You promised three things. The third being that, so long as it's not abused, the phrase Three Musketeers will get you to listen or be honest, even if you don't want to be and vice versa."

Damon smiled. "Fine. Three Musketeers." He watched in triumph as Imelda closed her mouth and scrunched up her nose. He patted her back as the nurse returned with a manila file, silently handing it to Imelda with a smile.

"You won't remember seeing us." Imelda offered one final time before being carted out of the hospital by Damon.

She was just glad she didn't get caught by her Aunt, though Imelda knew she'd have to talk to Meredith soon. Brain Walters was the jerk who dumped her Aunt back in high school and spread rumors that she was clingy and crazy. If Meredith Fell was anything it was distant and grounded.

"Alright, so Abby Bennett Wilson, born in Mystic Falls Hospital 12:00 am on Halloween." Imelda read off the medical file as she sat in the passenger seat of Damon's car. They were currently heading to the Gilbert's where Bonnie and Elena were waiting.

"Halloween? Isn't that a certain someone's birthday?" Damon teased, glancing over to see Imelda holding up her phone

Imelda ignored him. "Where is momma witch now?" Damon made a mental note to get her a present.

"Monroe, North Caroline." Liz's voice filled the car after a few minutes. "Why are we looking for Abby and how does that help me with my murder case?"

"You're not and it doesn't." Damon sang. "Hang up, Buffy, we're here."

Damon laughed as Liz shouted for both to get manners as Imelda hung up without batting an eye. He parked on the curb as Imelda closed the file and shoved her phone in her pocket but kicked the seat back and held the file in the air.

"Nap time for the baby vampire?" Damon teased. The file smacked his face and he chuckled, climbing out and loudly slamming his door. He heard her threaten to shove vervain up his nose as he headed inside.