15. 𝙁𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡

"And I know you're going somewhere better.
I hope you find it on the first try.
So farewell."

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

"Sorry I'm not able to answer the phone. If you're calling to threaten me, leave your name and number. If you're Imelda Fell don't worry love, I'll be seeing you very soon."

Imelda rolled her eyes at his voicemail. "It's Imelda, don't bother planning on seeing me. Your guys got here, or their cars got here, I think?" Her hazel eyes settled on the two SUV's, the doors were open but no one was in sight.

"I was just calling to let you know a few things." Imelda shut her front door and kicked off her shoes. "My dad's alive, shocker, I know. His name's Micah Irving, not that I can learn anymore, I'll be dead later."

Imelda left the lights off, heading up to her room. "Oh! I also wanted to let you know that uh, Alaric? My history teacher you body jumped, sounds wrong, but he's my new dad. Not that, not that I'll ever get the chance to tell him."

"I'm not getting the chance to do a lot of things but you know, you know what? I'm cool with it. I mean, I spent the summer waking up thinking I was going to die bloody, but didn't." Imelda entered her room and sat on her bed.

"I should be calling my mom, or Alaric or anyone but here I am, calling you." She flopped back onto her bed. "I don't know why, I don't know a lot of things and I guess maybe I should've asked more questions but I didn't."

Her phone beeped, her battery was dying. "I never wanted to be a vampire, when I die, I'm going to stay dead but that doesn't mean you have to. Change your attitude, take it as my dying wish. No matter what you hear or who you hear it from, don't ever come back to Mystic Falls."

Imelda ended the long message and let her phone drop next to her, not bothering with charging it. What use did a dead girl have for a phone in the first place? With a groan she pushed herself up and began doing things she told herself she'd do later. And, she guessed, now was later.

She planned a funeral.

~~~~~

"So." Imelda shifted her weight, gazing up into light brown eyes. "I uh, met Mikael."

Alaric ran a hand down his face at the disheveled girl stood before him. "I know, Damon called and said you were torn up about something. It's been two days, are you alright?"

Imelda shrugged and sat at the bar next to him. "What's the game plan?" She drummed her fingers on the bar top, her gaze flickering around the day drinkers and people having an early lunch.

It was the night of homecoming, the night Klaus would be killed and pay for all of the horrible things he's done. Imelda herself had spent the last two days cleaning and repainting her childhood home.

She made arrangements for Iris's body and the funeral her memory deserved. She avoided everyone, even her Aunt who tried visiting her. It was easier, she guessed, if she put up a wall before she died. When she finally did charge her phone, she saw Alaric texting her to meet him.

"Mikael was daggered by Elena, Stefan saw the whole thing and called Klaus." Alaric took a sip of his whisky, giving the short version. "Rebekah confirmed it and is at the Boarding House, waiting for him to wake up."

"So Klaus will be here to see the dead body." Imelda knew at that moment, her voicemail to Klaus wouldn't matter. She still didn't know why she left it but she was glad he never called or texted back.