10. 𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝘿𝙖𝙮 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙪𝙢

Imelda stared at her reflection in the bathroom mirror.

The steam from her shower had already began to dissipate. From her open bedroom door she could faintly hear her alarm clock going off. 5:30 a.m. First day of her last year in high school and the first day of school without her sister at her side.

With a deflated groan she dried off and got dressed. It wasn't anything to write home about, she wore a pair of plain blue jeans and a button down flannel. The black and white sleeves were rolled up to her elbows and she left her gray under shirt untucked.

To hide the bags under her eyes she used foundation and called it quits there. Her hair was left down in its natural waves but she kept a hair tie around her wrist in case. Shutting her alarm clock off after entering her room she debated on actually going to school.

"It's stay and wait for Stefan to drag you or go." Imelda grumbled. With her mind made she grabbed her satchel from last year and made sure she at least had new ink pens and a few semi-empty notebooks. Slipping on a pair of socks and her boots she left her room.

Rather than leave right off, Imelda ate pancakes, watching as Thomas came down the stairs, dressed in a three-piece suit. Henry was cleaning up the dishes and Chris stood by the back door.

Stefan had brought Imelda home to get clothes, to both of their surprises, the human bodyguards were there. Apparently Klaus wanted Imelda to be able to have some peace from Stefan so she was able to stay at home, as long as the men was with her.

If Stefan wasn't with her, they would be. Imelda didn't have the strength to argue or question it. She went to bed. The truth was, Imelda was glad she wasn't alone in the house. She was even more elated at the fact she got a vampire break.

"Ms. Fell, it's time for us to go." Thomas spoke, his dark eyes void of any emotion as he gazed at her.

"Thanks but I'm driving myself." Imelda shot him down. She ate the last bite of her pancakes and stood from the table. "I don't want anyone getting suspicious of you three following me around. Plus, Stefan will be at school."

"Ms. Fell, your protection is our top priority. Mr. Mikaelson has already informed your school that one of us will be accompanying you, despite your schedule being changed to match Stefan Salvatore's." Thomas ignored her remark.

Imelda's shoulders dropped. "Of course."

If she had known getting help from Damon would lead to this she would've stuck to herself. Grabbing her bag and pulling the strap over her head and letting it rest on her shoulder, Imelda headed for the door.

"Have a wonderful day, Ms. Fell." Henry and Chris chorused causing her to shiver but she waved as she exited her home.

Thomas followed quickly, moving in front of her and opening the back door to the same SUV she, Klaus and Rebekah had rode in. She climbed in and let him shut the door. Glancing to her side she saw a silver box with a bow on it, her name written on the actual box.

Picking up the box Imelda ignored Thomas as he climbed in and started driving off. Tugging the lid of she set it next to her. Nestled in the box was a very expensive looking phone. Picking it up she turned it on and scrolled through the contacts.

It was all of her information but the latest addition was Klaus and Rebekah's number. Her thumb danced over the screen, debating if she should call Klaus or not. With caution thrown from the window, she dialed his number and pressed the phone to her ear.

She lived about twenty minutes from the school, so if he did answer, that was long enough to have a decent conversation. Or to figure out why she was worth three human guards and a vampire one.