2. 𝙂𝙤 𝙃𝙤𝙢𝙚

It was a simple house.

The yellow paint and white shutters were neat, the fresh paint from months back still evident. The white picket fence needed painting, it had been something Imelda and Iris were going to do during the summer.

The Fell house had been where the twins were born, it was where all of the Fells had been born at one point or another.It wasn't as grand looking as the Salvatore Boarding house but it was more inviting than the Gilbert's home.

Imelda had loved the house and to an extent she still did, she just felt alone in it. When she got back she was confused to see her Aunt nowhere in sight. The house had been the exact state Imelda had left it in.

The guest room was still just that and Imelda wondered if maybe Meredith Fell had decided not to come back to the dangerous town she left behind. Imelda knew her Aunt was aware of vampires, the whole Fell family was.

With her shoulders slumped, Imelda tossed her suitcase onto her bed and headed for her closet for a new change of clothes. She didn't know when she was supposed to go meet Ric and Damon but she'd prefer sooner than later.

The sooner she could find Stefan, the sooner she could mourn her sister the proper way. Showering and dressing her new darker clothing style, Imelda left the once shared bathroom with an ache in her chest.

The ache was always there, sometimes it was easy to push aside but being back home, where Iris was the loudest, hurt even more. To her horror, Imelda was peering into her sister's room. It was a neat, clean and pristine, a stark contrast to Imelda's room that was messy.

The room was how it had always been, warm and inviting. Whenever Imelda couldn't take staring at her projects she'd hide away in Iris's room. The projects, as Imelda referred to her knack of drawing, was what littered and cluttered her bedroom and the down stairs office.

Imelda drew and sketched, the decor was her own work being directed and led by Iris. Iris was amazing when it came to decor or fashion. She wanted to move to New York after high school, go to fashion school and start her own brand.

She somehow roped Imelda into agreeing to draw up all of the ideas and while Imelda didn't much care for it, she enjoyed drawing for her sister and the awesome ideas she came up with.

That was all in the past. Imelda wouldn't step a single foot in New York unless it was to get Stefan.

She had stopped drawing altogether, the mere thought hurt and brought tears to her eyes. Imelda never thought she was great, it's why she was going to be a History teacher or maybe even an Occult specialist like their mom in Alaska.

It was Iris who said she had talent and bought all of the fancy sketchbooks for her to use and fill up. Iris was her best friend, the one who picked Imelda up and made her believe in herself.

Losing Iris was like losing half of her soul and Imelda was afraid she'd never get it back. Imelda would always be broken up until the day she died.

"Damn it." Imelda couldn't take it. She quickly turned and retreated back to her bedroom. She ignored the projects and the echoing laugh of her sister.

Imelda packed more clothes into her suitcase, grabbed her bags and headed out the front door in just under a few hours. She didn't see the point in getting a motel room, she was certain she'd talk herself into at least sleeping at home.

~~~~~

"I hope they don't mind it being late." Imelda muttered, not that she cared. She had taken a pit stop on her way back home so it had been a little after five in the afternoon when she passed the Mystic Falls welcome sign.