14. 𝙈𝙞𝙠𝙖𝙚𝙡

"What do you mean Micah is alive? Do you know where he is? Why didn't,-"

Imelda shut herself up. Her phone vibrated in her back pocket. Angrily pulling it out she saw she had a text from Rebekah wanting to know if she could help her pick out a dress for homecoming.

"Look, I've got to go, but stay here and I'll be back as fast as I can." Meredith shot her niece a worried look as she opened the door and left, hoping Imelda would do as told.

"Yeah." Imelda laughed. "Yeah, I'll just stay here."

She left the room, texting Rebekah back and telling her she had family issues. To make up for it, she let Rebekah pick out a dress for her, not that Imelda had thought about actually going to homecoming.

Imelda left the hospital, her boots kicking small rocks as she crossed the parking lot, waiting for who she was calling to answer the phone. After the third ring she was about to hang up when a British voice echoed.

"I'm getting really tired of you ignoring me but being so persistent when you need me." Klaus sounded like he might be out of breathe. Imelda could faintly hear shouting and splintering wood.

"What are you doing?" Imelda stopped by her car, her heart picked up at the thought of him getting in a fight.

Klaus huffed as someone screamed. "I'm talking to you, Love. What do you need?"

Imelda rolled her eyes. "I meant besides talking to me, it sounds like you're killing people? Are, are you killing people right now?"

"I could either kill them while I talk to you and make their deaths quick, or kill them after I talk to you and make their deaths slow." Klaus taunted. "What will it be gentlemen? Do you want me to talk to my girl to make your deaths easy? Yes or no?"

The phone was moved away from Klaus. "Yes! Please! Help! Yes!"

"That is wrong." Imelda blurted as she tried to ignore their pleas. "Morbidly wrong. Klaus why are you killing people? Have you gone one day without killing people?" She unlocked her car and slid in, closing the door her phone beeped.

"Well, I don't think I killed anyone yester,- oh, no wait." Klaus was teasing. "I did kill this rather attractive waitress, she got to handsy, didn't understand the meaning of the word 'no.'"

Imelda rolled her eyes. "Do you know the meaning? Please tell me you didn't just dump her body."

"Of course not, Love. What am I? A monster?"

"You don't want me to answer that, especially seeing as you're killing people while casually talking to me." Imelda realized how exhausting it could be talking to Klaus but she also realized something else; it was fun.

Imelda shook her head as she turned her car on and headed home. "I was calling to tell you something I found out. But if you want to have fun killing." She trailed off, falling silent as she couldn't hear anything other than Klaus and wood scraping against wood.

"Well, my schedule is all free and clear." Klaus spoke as if he was smiling, Imelda didn't know how she knew, she just felt it. "And what did my little Detective find out? Who killed Gloria?"

"Stefan." Imelda rolled to a stop. "Not the point. Also something that isn't the point, I'm being up front right and telling you that I side with Mystic Falls, you were a dick to leave Rebekah here so forewarning, she's pissed."

Klaus scoffed. "Thank you for announcing your betrayal. While I admire that, I got the hint when you let your three guards die and then proceeded to ignore me all day yesterday." He sounded agitated.