19. 𝘽𝙚𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙣

"Who did you call?" Imelda looked worried as Klaus hung up, slipping his phone into his pocket.

Klaus looked back to Damon, smirking. "Remember when you broke a poor girls hand?"

"Wha,-"

Damon was silenced by Klaus rushing forward and snapping his neck. His body collapsed into a heap at Imelda's feet. A sigh escaped her lips, recalling what Klaus had hinted at. Mikael himself seemed amused with how often and easily the eldest Salvatore got his neck broke.

"Was that really necessary?" Imelda crouched down and twisted Damon's head back to its rightful position. Her phone rang but she wasn't able to answer it as Klaus had gripped her shirt and jerked her up and was dragging her from the house.

"You and I need to have a proper conversation, Love." Klaus stated as simply as he could manage.

Despite this, Imelda could feel the irritation and confusion rolling off of him. She wasn't certain why but the longer his hand gripped her and the closer their bodies were, the more irritated she was becoming.

Imelda didn't speak. She bit her tongue as she was shoved into the backseat of a black SUV. Klaus didn't sit with her, rather he sat in the driver's seat, a strange dark haired man sat next to Imelda. His dark gaze focused on her as she drummed her fingers against the seats.

"Ma'am." The strange smelling man cleared his throat, drawing Imelda's attention. "Could you please cease tapping."

Imelda blinked. "What are you?" She sniffed the air and wrinkled her nose.

The man next to her and the one up front with Klaus smelled like a dying dog. Imelda was struck with a revelation, slapping his chest, she cut off whatever he was about to say. She stuck her head between the seats and peered at Klaus who seemed to struggle to look angry.

"You made Hybrids!" Imelda's voice was in awe. "Dude, that, I mean, that sucks for us, but that's cool for them." She gestured to the two hybrids who seemed confused by her relaxed atmosphere.

Klaus shot her a look. "Did you think I went off to Portland for the music?" He snorted as she contemplated it.

"You got my voicemail." Imelda accused, referring to her last voicemail, the voicemail she made as a human. "You need to have a talk with your ego, it's going to get me killed; again."

"My ego is fine." Klaus rolled his eyes. "I am curious how Imelda Fell managed to gain pity from the world's oldest ass." He spoke bitterly about his father, though he found an ever tiny voice inside of himself glad that just once, just one time, Mikael did something right.

Imelda glanced to Mikael who was pressed against the window, scowling. "You'd kill me if I said anything." She offered a small smile and gained a confused expression from all the hybrids.

"So, you're a vampire now." Klaus cleared his throat as he pulled into his driveway.

"I wonder, do you enjoy bunnies or have you embraced what you are?" He parked the car after a minute and climbed out, watching as Caleb, Imelda's new secret guard opened the door and helped her scramble out.

Imelda let out a low whistle. "Are you building a castle? In Mystic Falls? The town no one gets out alive?" Her hazel eyes roamed the grand mansion structure.

The entire grounds were littered with hybrids and humans, all working and moving like mindless zombies. She could somehow picture it in her mind's eye and it was breathtaking. She felt a presence next to her, the hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. Mikael seemed amused.

"It is a rather grand home he is building." Mikael mussed. "I dare say he is doing it in the name of family."

"Or he likes big houses." Imelda shrugged. "But it's pretty dark, you think he's building a really grand dungeon?" Mikael offered an amused smile.