31. 𝙆𝙚𝙚𝙥 𝘽𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝙆𝙚𝙚𝙥 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜

"Ims?" Caroline's uncertain voice spilled through Imelda's new, and hopefully, last phone.

"Okay well, seeing as you're M.I.A just like Tyler, which sucks by the way, I found out that Ric killed my dad when he was all crazy Ric. But that's not even why I'm calling!" Shuffling sounded for a brief second.

"Stefan and Damon gave us each a stake made of white oak. There's like, twelve total and we spent the past two hours going over, like, a billion and one different ways to kill Klaus or one of the Originals."

A snapping sound was heard and quickly followed by Caroline muttering about needing a new bra. Imelda found it in herself to snort at the blonde's long voicemail, so long she had decided to get dressed while leaving said voicemail.

"Anyway. The groups decided you're like this, no fly zone. I mentioned your name it was like I killed their puppy or something. But I love and respect you enough to call and tell you also, please don't tell anyone you heard it from me? I've got to go but I love and miss you!"

Imelda ended the voicemail, deleting it before finally climbing out of the back of the cab she had taken. She had left Klaus' SUV behind, taking a flight to Chicago. The airport was where she got her phone, using Klaus's card she still hung onto and now felt nothing when using.

Tucking the phone into her back pocket, Imelda headed inside the place she never thought she'd go back to, Gloria's Bar. Then again, the last few months Imelda was doing things she didn't think she ever would do so maybe coming back here wasn't that big of a shock to her.

Pushing open the door and ignoring the 'CLOSED' sign Imelda was surprised to find it looked the same only it smelled less like bleach and more like various alcohols and pine sol. A man had his back to her, mopping the wood floor and humming. The door banged shut behind her.

"Sorry, we're closed." His voice was warm and had a slight country drawl to it.

The man turned, blue eyes blinking in genuine curiosity as he gazed at Imelda who tapped her thigh. He was taller than her, probably around 6'1 altogether and he was built as well as Tyler was. It was clear that, without her hybrid strength, he'd kick her ass. He pointed to the door.

"The sign says we're closed until the evening." He clarified.

Imelda nodded. "Yeah, no, I, uh, I got that." She stammered, earning an amused smile from him. Not a smirk, like Klaus would give but a smile, as if he wasn't afraid to show the action.

"Well, that's good." He nodded, resting against the mop. "You can get it outside, where it's not a closed bar." His eyes twinkled, he was being innocent in his teasing, it caught Imelda off guard.

"I actually met Gloria." Imelda cleared her throat. "And,-" She was cut off by him loudly returning to mopping. She grimaced, joining him in the center of the room and avoiding where he already cleaned.

"Gloria's dead, has been for a few months now." His blue gaze flickered back to her, she didn't seem bothered and he made a mental note of that. "I run this place now so if you don't mind, I'm not looking for trouble and I won't let trouble find it's way here."

Imelda wondered if maybe he was related to Gloria. "That makes sense and is pretty cool." She admitted. She couldn't think of any place that trouble didn't find it's way into. At least, nowhere back home was a trouble free place. She wondered what that would be like.

The man hummed, moping around her. "So you'll understand why I don't want a hybrid snooping around." He winked as she choked on her own air.

"How, what? I'm not sired. Okay." Imelda coughed and shook her head. "Look, my name is Imelda Fell,-"