24. 𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧

"Do we knock or?" Imelda stood in between the Salvatore's, shifting her weight. The cool night air nipped at her exposed legs.

"Well, gee, Buffy, why don't we just kick the door,-"

Damon's sarcastic quip was met with wood splintering and Stefan nearly choking as the doors were kicked open, revealing a very caught off guard Elijah. Damon looked to Imelda, his eyes glistening but his lips formed into a scowl.

"So, that happened." Imelda nodded, feeling slightly better at having been able to kick something. She felt less nervous.

"I suppose the sound of splintering wood was in part to Imelda." Klaus's voice echoed before he appeared slightly behind Elijah in the foyer. He smirked, his eyes dancing with great amusement as he focused only on Imelda.

Though he felt his mouth grow dry, the smirk quickly slipped from his lips. Like a fallen star or an angel come to damn and save him all at once, Imelda Fell took his breath away. It wasn't anything fancy or extravagant, it was a simple silver laced gown that reached her knees.

The sleeves fell tightly to her elbows and the sweetheart neckline was modest. Her hair was the same style she had it for homecoming, the night she became a vampire and Klaus wondered if she even realized she had done it the same way.

Klaus also wondered how it was everyone else in the room seemed to not be lost in her hazel eyes, the silver gleam in them shimmering brighter in reflection of the dress. It took every ounce of self control Klaus had ever known to tear his gaze from her and smirk at Damon.

"Damon. Stefan." Klaus growled Damon's name but dismissed his confused expression. "Elijah tells me, you seek an audience. Very bold, especially to have brought along the one soul keeping your insides inside."

Klaus held out his arm and tilted his head to the dining room."Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men and women, shall we?"

Imelda moved forward but rather took his hand, dragging him toward the dining room as she smelled steak and potatoes. He made a mental note to send Caroline his own gift for the information given to him.

"I didn't come here to eat, Klaus." Stefan trailed after them, Elijah and Damon following closely. "Fact, I didn't want to come here at all and neither did Ims."

His words were lost as Imelda loudly scrapped a chair along the wooden floor before sitting in front of the fireplace. A servant brought out a plate and set it before her. Klaus met Stefan with a taunting smirk as Damon coughed in an attempt to not laugh.

"We can sit and eat alongside Imelda or I can reach down your throat and pull out your insides." Klaus joined Imelda, sitting next to her as she was already eating, spearing the potatoes like she was fishing with a harpoon.

"The choice is yours."

Imelda pointed her fork at Stefan, a potato slipped off but Klaus caught and popped it into his mouth. Damon, knowing what was going on, rolled his eyes and joined them, sitting across from Klaus as Elijah sat at the head of the table with Stefan sitting across from Imelda .