18. 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙂𝙤𝙚𝙨 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙉𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙙

"I will say this only once, Little One." Mikael's voice rang out, startling the new vampire. "I despise modern technology."

Imelda rubbed her tired eyes. "Was it the computer or the phone?"

"Your incessant phone will not cease it's ringing." Mikael had been trying to read while the young vampire rested. Her phone had begun ringing and had refused to stop. He glared heatedly at the small device, as if by some miracle it would cease to exist.

Imelda snorted, grabbing her phone and answering. "Yeah?"

"Where are you?" Elena's voice drifted through the speakers. "Bonnie and I are at the Grill, you're late." This sent the the Fell girl sprinting from the Boarding House, shouting apologizes.

In the last two weeks, Imelda had adjusted to being a vampire very easily. With the Original Father guiding her and Alaric reassuring her she was still human in spirit, it was all so easy. Elena pointed out, eventually, that just maybe Imelda was born to be a vampire.

Aside from Imelda adjusting to life and getting used to seeing Mikael, the Mystic Gang was still on edge. Klaus hadn't made a move yet, Rebekah was missing and so was Stefan. Everyone was worried that the good times would come crashing down.

Imelda herself was just waiting for the shit storm that would happen when Klaus learned she wasn't really dead. She also wanted to find Rebekah and thank her, seeing as it was her blood that saved her life in the first place.

"Ims!" Elena greeted as the lazily dressed Fell burst into the Grill at 2:20 on a Tuesday. Imelda offered a quick grin as she forced the slightly older girl further into the booth and sat across from Bonnie.

"Before you guys freak, I passed out after reading." Imelda was quick to offer. "Did you guys know Damon has this secret library filled with all kinds of history journals?"

Everyone still worried about her killing someone and triggering her curse. Hence why she spent a lot of time at home, having officially moved in with Damon at the Boarding House. Despite this she spent a lot of time with Alaric at the Gilbert household.

"That's actually cool." Elena was always impressed by Imelda's finds of the Boarding House. "Did you ever figure out where that secret door in the attic leads to?"

Imelda huffed. "I wish. Damon called me down for vamp-101 before I could."

Bonnie smiled. So far Imelda was the only vampire she's met that hasn't killed anyone and acted more humane than ever. It made staying her friend a lot easier. With a shake of her head, Bonnie cleared her throat.

"But back to what Elena was saying before she called you." Bonnie looked to Elena as she grew serious.

Elena nodded. "I feel like I'm going crazy. Last night I thought I saw someone in the hall,-"

"Oh, no, that uh, that was me." Imelda offered a sheepish grin. "Damon bet I couldn't break into your house and steal some of Alaric's bourbon."

"Did you?" Elena grew curious. "He was talking about missing a bottle this morning."

The friendship that had blossomed between Damon and Imelda was one that amused everyone watching. When Ric was around, the three could go off on tangents that lasted hours, Elena was just glad they all three had one another.

Imelda nodded, proud of herself. "Yeah, but I get what you're saying. Klaus is vengeful and seeing as you all tried to kill him, there's no telling what he's planning." She left out Stefan, not wanting to upset Elena.

"Exactly. Which is why I feel so paranoid all the time." Elena suppressed a shiver. "Why hasn't he made a move yet? I feel like I'm going crazy because the one thing we had to stop him, he destroyed when he killed Mikael."