17. 𝙇𝙚𝙩 𝙄𝙩 𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙂𝙤

"You sure you want to do this?"

Alaric stood with his arms crossed and a fatherly look filling his eyes. It was already mid-morning, the clock had already started ticking. A grunt from the sofa drew his attention, looking over he watched Damon sit up, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm starting to think wolves just hate me." Damon ground out, his gaze blurred for a moment as he recalled getting his neck snapped.

"I think everyone just hates you."

The words lingered in the air, earning a gentle laugh from Alaric but the words froze Damon. Slowly he lifted his head, looking to the kitchen table his lips parted as a tear easily escaped his eye.

Sat at the table, eating a chocolate muffin, was Imelda Fell.

Her hair was damp from her recent shower and she was dressed in a pair of black jeans and a gray V-neck shirt. Her skin was deathly pale and she had bags under her eyes but her eyes, her hazel eyes sparkled as she lifted the muffin to Damon in greeting.

"Back to more important things." Alaric sighed and joined Imelda at the table. "We need to figure out our next move. Micah's out of the picture and so is Klaus."

"Which isn't a good thing." Imelda was quick to point out. "Klaus killed Mikael, the one person who he was afraid of. With him being dead, there's no telling what Klaus will do to everyone who tried to kill him."

"I'm sorry, are we just glossing over the fact that you're alive?!" Damon shouted, jumping to his feet and pacing. "How the hell are you alive? I was late giving you my blood! You were dead!" He raked his fingers through his dark hair.

Imelda snorted. "I'm in transition." Her gaze flickered to the recliner. Amused blue eyes peered at her as she looked back to Damon. "Mikael got blood from Rebekah, mixed it with some herbs so I wouldn't notice and gave it to me before I died."

Damon stopped pacing. "Mikael saved you?" He muttered. "Why would Papa Dick save you?"

"That's what I've been asking." Alaric nodded. "Apparently, Imelda was a warrior and as his thanks, he made sure she wouldn't die."

Imelda nodded to Alaric. "Which is why I don't have a choice in transitioning, I'm just beating around the bush."

She didn't want to be a vampire but when she woke up to the sound of Alaric sobbing and pleading for God to save her, she figured she needed to stick around for the man who had so quickly become her father.

From there, she told him that Klaus's werewolf side seen her as a mate and that Mikael had known. Alaric told her he found her dad and had got him to come, he wanted to surprise her after Klaus was killed but things didn't work out.

It had been Imelda's decision to run Micah out of town. When they went to the Boarding House they didn't find anyone, sending them to the Grill despite it being three in the morning. Imelda hadn't focused on what Micah looked like.

She saw Damon's body crumpled on the ground and reacted by shoving Micah away. She grabbed Damon and left, bring him to her new home where she laid him on the sofa and went to shower. When she got done, Alaric arrived with chocolate muffins and coffee.

He explained that transition would make her a hybrid because Micah Irving was a werewolf and so was she. Imelda realized then that was why Iris wanted her to be a vampire, she was hoping she wouldn't become a Hybrid.

Still uncertain of what would happen to her, that was why Alaric had asked if she was sure about doing it when Damon came back to life. It was a good question to ask but Imelda's mind was made, with some extra help, that was.