11. 𝘽𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙚

"So Iris was never even your sister?"

Damon Salvatore was as shocked by the news as Imelda was. He was also just as shocked that she had met him at the front office and was now telling him everything as they searched for Elena in the school.

Imelda shook her head. "I get Stefan without his humanity is a bad thing, and trust me, I hate it. But at least I'm getting answers."

Damon rolled his eyes. "Answers you never thought existed. So tell me, Buffy, can we expect you on our side?" They reached the weight lifting room but he didn't open the door, he stopped and stared down at her.

"Does anyone want to know what I think?" Imelda groaned, rubbing her temples. "I've got a dead not sister telling me one thing, Klaus wanting something else and now you."

"Sucks to be you, Buffy." Damon mocked, patting her shoulder only to have his arm jerked back. "Tell mindless here to let me go." Damon growled, glaring at Thomas who stood slightly taller than him.

Imelda was the one to roll her eyes. "He's fine, Thomas. I trust Damon." She spoke honestly.

She wasn't sure why, there was just something about the older Salvatore that she seemed drawn to, like that older sibling you never really got to see because their was to big of an age gap but when they were around, you never wanted them to leave again.

"My job is to protect you, Ms. Fell." Thomas spoke coldly. He released Damon's arm and stepped back. "If you touch her once more, I will kill you."

Damon smiled. "Charming." He gripped Imelda's arm and jerked her into the room, slamming and locking the door. As Thomas glared, pounding on the door Damon wiggled his fingers.

"I like Thomas. Stop picking on him." Imelda punched Damon's arm. "Thomas, it's fine! Okay? Just go find Rebekah and keep her from eating the students." She watched as Thomas stiffened, forced to do as she ordered he left her.

"So, that's a thing?" Elena called, drawing the attention to her as she sat up, having seen the whole thing.

"Tell me about it." Imelda sighed, joining Elena as Damon smirked.

As Damon teased Elena about her new workout routine, her phone went off once more. Making sure they were focused on their conversation, Imelda drifted off to the far end of the room and answered.

"If you're going to threaten me, get in line." Imelda spoke, being smart enough to glance at who was calling her.

Klaus growled. "And who would be threatening you?"

"Life. Dead sister, that's not my sister, it's a whole thing." Imelda waved it off, turning her back and missing Damon and Elena glancing worriedly at her.

"Thomas tells me you're with Damon Salvatore." Klaus wasn't sure if she was teasing about her sister or not. He'd find out on his own another time. "I thought we agreed I got to kill him."

Imelda frowned. "No. You don't get to kill him or any of my friends. The whole mess involving my sister has taken a backseat and you know? I figure instead of getting drunk I'll focus on helping and figuring out what it is you want."

"I want you." Klaus said it as if he was talking about the weather. Her heart skipped a beat but before she could answer, Damon appeared, taking her phone and placing it to his ear.

"Klaus?" Damon sang. "Yeah, sorry but Buffy only has room in her life for psychotic vampire and I'm afraid I already fill that position. Goodbye." Damon hung up and proceeded to break her new phone.

Imelda pinched the bridge of her nose. "I need another new phone." She grumbled.

"Imelda, what all do you know about, everything?" Elena left the bench press and joined them.