27. 𝘾𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖

"You're not going. And if you say three musketeers, I'm snapping your neck and locking you in the basement." Damon spoke with such venom and underlying fear Imelda did nothing but scoff.

"If you're going, I don't have a choice." Imelda pointed out. "We both know Elena is going, she never listens so it's smarter if we all went to keep her from meeting Esther."

Damon crossed his arms. His blue gaze peered into hazel-silver. "Who all is going and who is on our side?"

Imelda stood in thought.

Who was on their side? Stefan would do anything to kill Klaus and as much as it hurts Imelda, Elena would as well. Then again, the dude did ritually sacrifice her aunt and herself. Caroline would go just to focus on Matt. If Imelda asked, she was sure Caroline would help.

With a shrug of her shoulders, Imelda finished her blood bag. "The safe bet would be rely on us, but Damon. I don't trust Esther and Mikael, after everything he's done, has asked only one thing from me."

"Protect his children." Damon spoke with such a loud groan Imelda wondered if he was okay. He pinched the bridge of his nose, inhaling and exhaling.

"You know, Buffy. Things were a lot less complicated when I didn't have a little sister that was tangled with a Hybrid to worry about."

"Tell me about it." Imelda muttered as the doorbell to the Boarding House rang. Rather than answer, Imelda set on the task of making pancakes, leaving Damon to answer.

Glancing all around her, she still didn't see Mikael. Something was wrong, she just couldn't put her finger on what it was. After getting the invitation, Imelda met Damon at home where they both came clean about their morning. Imelda even let slip Elena sneaking out and to the ball.

"You know what?" Damon stormed into the kitchen, watching as Imelda never even batted an eye. He tossed a large white box onto the breakfast bar, getting her attention. Without another word, Damon took her place but kept an eye on her as she looked from the box and to him.

"What?" Imelda gestured for him to carry on.

The large white box had her name scrawled elegantly across it. She knew what it was, having seen Iris buy so many of the fancy dress boxes. She just didn't know what was inside of it and was too nervous to see.

Damon sensed her apprehension. "If you're going, you're going to make an entrance, the Salvatore way." If he couldn't keep Imelda away from the Original Family, he might as well make it hard for them to get her.

"So." Imelda blinked. "I'm either not showing up or I'm showing up drunk. And, you know, since I can't get drunk, I guess I'm not showing up?" She lifted the lid of the box and set it on the counter. Picking up a card on top of white tissue paper she cleared her throat.

"Love, save me a dance. Fondly, Klaus." Imelda set the card down and rolled her eyes as Damon gagged and pretended to throw up on the pancakes. "You don't see me acting like that when I found out you kissed Elena." She smirked as Damon grunted.

"What ugly dress did he send?" Damon sang, quickly changing the topic. "I've got better taste so after we eat,-"

Imelda drowned Damon out as she dug through the tissue paper. At being ignored, Damon turned the stove off and joined her, though his own eyes widened. Imelda was still unable to form a proper sentence but it was Damon who bounced back, moving to grab plates for them both.

"I'll give it to your Mate, he's got decent taste."

~~~~~

"So, we both got dresses. Neat."