Chapter 1

Liz

I woke up very early in the morning, shifting around under the cover.
Why do we have to wake up this early to get to a con?

Anyway. I have to get ready at 8, so I should get up and pack some stuff I forgot yesterday.

So I tossed the warm cover aside, shivering at the sudden cold on my legs and slowly stood up, stretching and yawning. I looked at the clock.
It was 6am. I had two hours left, before John would pick me up.

I walked to my closet and looked for some comfortable clothes to wear, while we drive 2 hours to Megacon.
It was just a grey, oversized NASA hoodie with some black pants. My alpaca socks, yes alpaca, they are so fluffy and I love wearing these.
I put everything on, grabbed my phone and made my way into the bathroom.

There I brushed my hair, brushed my teeth and washed my face.
If we could make it in time, I would wear my Hero Deku cosplay. That mean contouring and face and a few scars 'from the battle'.

As I was done with that, I unlocked my phone to listen to some music, while I got ready.
I simply chosed my playlist with every song I loved.
The first one, that started playing was Thotiana by Blueface. (reference to Liz's insta stories. She always uses this one song)

I put the phone to the side, so that it wouldn't bother me. Then I grabbed my make up I would need and packed it into the bag. I didn't need makeup for the drive, maybe only mascara and eyeliner.

Once everything was packed up, I finished my routine and left the room. I showered yesterday late at night so I wouldn't had to worry about it in the morning. If I'm honest, when I'm once in a shower I don't want to come out and then I need a couple of minutes.

I walked into the kitchen and made me some pancakes. I ate those and drank my strawberry flavored milkshake, wich I had at home.

Then I got up, put the dirty dishes aside, walked back into the bedroom to grab my luggage and put them to the door, so it won't take long for me to get it.

The next hour I spend, reading trough my Instagram dms and listened to music.
There were quite a bit messages to answer. Of course I count answer all of them and a few were just nonsense, so I didn't reply to everything.

People were really lovely and kind and said such nice things about my cosplays. It was really sweet and I appreciate all of their compliments. I searched for a few cosplayers, that would also go to the con and found some really interesting ones.

John was ringing the doorbell and I stood up, grabbed my stuff and got to him as fast as I could. The excitement filled my whole body and I was energetic. ,,Hey sweetie. Do you have everything?"he asked ironically, as I closed the car door. ,,I believe so. Even if I forgot something, nothing could change my mood.".

A two hour long drive can be so long. But I used it for rest and slept like one and half an hour of it. We then spend the last minutes gossiping about the cosplay news. John said, that he will be moving closer to me because of his work. He will be earning more money, so that he can buy his dog a new superhero uniform. Such a dork. I laughed so loud, his dog is really cute but he doesnt seem to like cosplaying that much.

As we were finally there we parked in the area near the entrance hall for the "V.I.P's". Some other very talented cosplayers were gathered around there, taking photos and talking. I was a bit shy to go there, I didn't know why I suddenly felt like that. I waited for John to get out of the car and we took our bags out. A young lady came to us. She was wearing a normal black shirt with black trousers, a headset, a board in her left hand and she smelled like fresh citrones.

,, You must be "Inspectorlemoncosplay", right?", wow. She could have said my name instead, but nonetheless, she was right. ,,Yes, but I would prefer Liz for now.", she was writing something down. ,,Well, no problem. It is a pleasure having you here with us. I will guide you to the closets where you can change your outfits and get ready. After that, we will have a meet-up with all of the special guests at our con in the main hall. I will hand you over the plan with the timetable on it, so you are not completely lost in here. There you can see, where you will be having your stand. You can eat and drink freely as long as you are here.", all of that just flowded down my ears. John and I exchanged some glances. We followed the young lady.

It will start now.

__________________________________

The first one is already over!