Chapter 16

3rd person

Liz and Amanda woke up the next day, cuddled together and sleepy. They were exhausted, what is understandable. Lucky them, the con was over and they could finally go home, also Liz was allowed to leave the hospital.

Liz's eyes slowly opened and she looked at Amanda. Did we sleep like this? She thought and looked down at their body's. They were pressed together, Amanda's arm was laying around Liz, her head nuzzled itself into Liz's neck. She kinda looked like a koala baby. So cute.
Liz just laid there. She didn't wanted to wake her and interrupt her in her not needed beauty sleep.

A few minutes passed and Amanda slowly woke up, her eyes opened and her deep-blue eyes met Liz's grey-blueish ones. „Good Morning." she whispered and pressed herself more to Liz. Gah! No you have a girlfriend! But it feels so calming and i'm so comfortable right now. Liz thought, but did nothing to get her away.
„We should probably get up. We can go home today." Liz said and Amanda looked up to her. „Yeah you're right. I just need this cuddling in the morning. I'm sorry. It's a weird habit of mine." she apologized and smiled. She let go of Liz and sat up. Liz did the same and they both yawned and stretched at the same time. Then they both started to laugh. „I'm glad to have you here." Liz smiled and then they finally got up, to change,speak to the doctor and head out of the hospital.

Liz texted John, since they came with his car to the con and the ambulance took them to the hospital.

Liz: Morning sweetheart. Could you pick us up from the hospital?
John<3: sure. I'll be there in 10
Liz: ty <3

Liz locked her phone and put it away, that was when she noticed, that Amanda was shaking.
„Amanda? What's wrong?" she asked co concerned for her friend. Amanda looked at her and smiled. A sad smile. „I don't know what to do with Izzy now. I mean she slapped me and we're having those conflicts very often lately. We argue all the time and it always ends with an open ending. We never speak of the topic again,we just do things on our own and ignore the opinion of the other sometimes. I can't do this anymore Liz. But I don't want to lose her." And there she was crying again. Liz immediately pulled her into a hug and patted her on the back. „Don't worry. We'll figure something out and for as long as you don't know, we can ask John to pack your stuff and you can come with us home. I know that Izzy doesn't live that far away from us, so you can always go home whenever you like." Liz said and Amanda calmed down. The strength never left her and she stood up straight again, wiping away her tears and smiling.

A few minutes later, John stopped in front of the hospital and they got into the backseat of the car.
„So..is everything okay now?" John asked.
„I think so." Liz said and looked between Amanda and John. „I agree. Well at least between us and that guy I think, won't come again." Amanda agreed and they put on their seatbelts.

They ride was silent, that was until they reached the hotel were Izzy and Amanda stayed. Amanda got anxious. She had to confront Izzy again. She had to tell her girlfriend,that slapped her, that she was going home with John and Liz. How is she going to do that, without getting into a fight again?

Liz must have noticed the change in Amanda's appearance and nudged her shoulder. „Hey, it'll be okay. I can come with you if you want." she offered, but Amanda was sure. She wanted to do this on her own. Maybe when Liz would accompany her, then it could get worse. That's not how Amanda wanted it to end. So she just shook her head and denied the offer. „It's fine. I can do it." she simply said and got out of the car.

As she closed the door, a shiver ran down her spine and the anxiety came back. How will izzy react, if her girlfriend would just show up, pack her stuff and tell her that she's leaving without her and instead with her best friend?
She walked inside and got into the elevator to the 5th floor. Room 515 in the back of the floor. A brown door, parting Amanda and Izzy. She took a deep breath and then took out her keycard for the room. Slowly she opened the door, wich did a tiny ‚ping' sound to represent that she unlocked.
When she walked in, she saw Izzy sitting on the bed, looking down at her phone. The door shut and that was when Izzy looked at Amanda. Her cheeks puffy and her eyes red.

„Amanda? What are you doing here?" She asked.

——————————————————————————————-
How will izzy react? When Amanda tells her.