Chapter 18

Izzy

After Amanda left, I started to pack my stuff, constantly thinking about her. The fight. The slap. Liz. Everything. I regretted everything I did and said. I wasn't thinking and now she left me. Would she ever forgive me? I wasn't sure and it made me sad to think about the fact, that she could just break up any second.
She was right, when she said we both needed time, but we needed time together, to talk things out and clear this whole thing.

When I was ready, I grabbed the second keycard and left the room, checking if I had everything and then the door closed. I got into the elevator and down to the ground floor, were I headed to the reception and handed the lady the two keycards. Amanda left hers on her bed.
Then I got out and into our car. I put the stuff in the trunk, closed it and prepared myself for an 2 hour drive. Alone.

Normally Amanda and I would chat and sing to our favorite songs, plan something on the weekend and just have a good time together. But now. She was with Liz and John, probably having the time of her life an not even thinking about me.
I pushed the though aside and started the car.
This will be the longest car ride I ever had.

~~~

Eventually I got home. The house felt empty without Amanda around me. Faith came and said hello with a cute little meow, walking past me and into the kitchen. I put my stuff into the bedroom. I would be sorting this later. Then I got back to Faith and fed her. We were lucky that our neighbor fed her over the days we were gone.
She purred and ate her meal. At least I had her to accompany me for the days Amanda wouldn't come home. I miss her

I flicked on the tv and watched Netflix. It was kinda nice to have time for myself once, but Amanda was missing. Usually we would hang out and do some stupid stuff together. I knew she wouldn't come home by the days, but I just couldn't stop pining.
While Netflix sounded in the background, I rethought over the things that happened a fourth time. It wasn't right to overreact like I did. Amanda had her own private life and when it's that what she wanted then I have no rights to stop her. I was so angry that I slapped her. Me! I would never hurt anyone, but I hurt her. She even ran away crying. I shouldn't have done this. I'm such an idiot. I need to apologize and talk to her soon.

Eventually I drifted into my dream world and slept for the rest of the day.

—————————————————————————————
This was short, but Izzy finally got the message.