Chapter 28

Chapter 28: The truth

Chae's POV

The party started. The MC walked in the stage and checked the mic if it's working. He did an introduction of our party then the couple gave a speech, I'm just sitting there and watching them.

"You okay?" Rosé asked me. She's sitting beside me. "Yeah." I answered and gave her a weak smile. "Ya, don't smile like that, doesn't fit you." She joked. She's really funny sometimes.

"Alright." I said then smiled, a genuine one. "There, you look pretty and lovely with that." She said referring to my smile. "Thanks." I responded. She held my hand and I let her. Her hand is warm and soft but I feel nothing.

After the speech, they played a slow dance music. "Let's dance?" I broke the silence between us. "Sure." She said and we both stood up then went to the dance floor. She wrapped her hands on my shoulder while mine on her waist.

"Chaeyoung." She whispered and I hummed for response. "Can I ask something?" She asked. Her voice is serious. "Yes, what is it?" I responded. She sighed and looked at me in the eyes.

"What if Mina found someone, will you gave up on her?" She asked. I don't know what to say but, "It depends on the situation." I answered. "What if someone is already own her officially?"

I didn't answered. She panicked, "Oh, sorry! Don't cry, I didn't mean to as–" I cut her off. "I will fight for her." I said. She was astonished. "Because I love her." I added and smiled at her.

"Even it hurts me, I'll fight." I mumbled. "Your questions are possible and I'm ready to face it and fight for our love." I told her then cupped her cheeks. "Rosé, I'm really sorry but I still love her and no one can change that." I said then kissed her forehead.

"Thank you." She whispered. I looked at her confused. "For what?" I asked. "To letting me realize that I can't really replace her there." She said while pointing to my chest where my heart is and looked at me with a teary eyes. "I love you Chaeyoung and I'm sorry." She cried.

I panicked because everyone is looking at us. "Rosé, stop. Stand up, everyone is looking." I told her while I'm forcing her to stand because she suddenly kneeled in front of me. "Rosé, please." I begged.

"I'm sorry Chaeyoung, I'm really sorry!" She just cried there. "Rosé!" I finally make her stood up. "Let's talk about this outside." I said and pulled her outside of the party.

"What's with you?" I asked her while trying to calm her. "I'm so sorry." She repeated. "For what? You did nothing–" she cut me off.

"I'm the one who set you apart from each other." She said between her sobs and kneeled again. I didn't moved. What did she just said? "What do you mean?" I asked. She cried even more.

"I'm the one who sent those letters." She said. "But why?" I stuttered. "I was so desperate to take you away from her. I was so desperate to own you but when I saw you every day, crying and being inactive in classes, I regret everything, I really do." She said and wiped her tears.

I can't say a word before that. I can't even move my body."Tonight, this is my last day to see you because tomorrow, I will fly to London and live there for good." She said.

"I'll understand if you hate me now, you can say what ever you want to say. I'm willing to get hurt by your words, you can slap me as many as you want." She added.

"Why?" I mumbled and kneeled with my hands on the ground. I looked on the ground and tears flowing. "I'm so sorry Chaeyoung." She said she hugged me. "I really regret everything, I'm really really sorry."

I didn't responded. I just cried there. After a minute and no more tears coming out of my eyes, I pushed her, not that hard. "Don't ever talk to me again." I told her and left her. I went to our room and packed my things.

"Chaeng, what are you doing? Why are you crying? Are you going home now? At this hour?" Jihyo-unnie stopped me from packing. "Tell me what happened, I'll listen." She said and held my hands tightly.

I hugged her and cried my heart out. "I trusted her unnie, I fucking trusted her. But she broke it. I don't know how can I forgive her." I said between my sobs.

"What are you talking about?" She asked and wiped my tears using her thumbs. "Rosé, she was the one who planned everything." I said. She become mad. She was about to leave but I stopped her.

"Don't, don't do anything to her." I said and she sighed. "Please unnie, I want to go home." I pleaded then she nodded. "Okay, let's go home then." She said and called our squad.

End of Chapter 28...

I don't know if this chapter make you cry 'cause I know this is so boring? I guess. I'm not in my mind today so yeah, please forgive me..🙃
-A.