twenty-nine

Jahseh P.O.V

"Come on," Angel said grabbing my hand and walking towards the kids double dutching. She asked the 2 girls holding the skipping ropes if she could try, and they gave her permission.

She began to skip and surprisingly she was really good. She looked so happy while she laughed with the kids there.

A boy jumped in and joined with her, they both kept with each other. Soon Angel messed up and she left them alone to play. "Damn, I'm tired. Haven't done that in some years."

"Jah follow me." She pulled me towards where some like 15 years olds were playing football. They were playing lightly so instead of tackling they just tapped each other.

"Yo guys can we play?" Angel asked some of the guys. "Shawty move and take dat jhit witcha ," one of the boys said.

"Who tf you talking too like that," I said sizing him up. The boy looks about 5'9 ish so he probably thinks he can beat me up.

"Yo short ass..." he began to say but Angel cut him off. "Boy just let us play damn it ain't gonna hurt."

We were on teams of 8 now and Angel and I were on the same team. We began to play and I was a running back and Angel is the quarterback.

"Hey y'all i'm sorry for giving y'all trouble. both of you played well," the boy said to us as we were walking off. I didn't know Angel had a arm like that.

She strong as shit, we started walking to my car but then she froze mid step and said, "Dominoes." She ran to the table where 1 older woman and 2 older men where playing dominoes.

I followed and her and by the time I got there she had already asked to play and took her seat. I watched as she played with the people, and she was kinda good but not the best.

Out of no where one of the men say "let's put money on it." Everyone agreed and continued to play. Once the game was over Angel had won so they all began to give her the money but she stopped them.

"No No No it's ok keep it and here," she said politely declining and handing each one of them around $80.

I walked over to the boys playing foot ball and gave them each about $70. I also said, "stay out of trouble, you can be great just set a goal and work hard to achieve it."

As I was waking back to the car I saw her giving the the kids from earlier some money as well. She came and hopped in the car still with a slight smile on her face.

She looked at me still smiling and said, "see told you i'd help you. Now you have a smile on your face." "Thank you."