Chapter 13

One night when I was around 5, my dad came home drunk and beat my mom and I, it was the most horrible thing that's ever happened to me. He yelled at yelled at me for hours, calling me a slut, whore, bitch, cunt, worthless, ugly, anything he could think of. I was young then and didn't know what these words meant, but he slapped me with every word he said, I understood that.

He sexually abused my ma but she never wanted to talk about it. At the end of the night he fell and hit his head in a countertop and forgot what happened that night. my mom being the caring person she is, she told me to never bring up that night again and just let my dad forget. She didn't want him to feel guilty, but turns out he also cheated on her that night.

I don't care if just a stranger yells at me but when it Nash, my mom, or anyone else that's important to me, I get really scared and sad.

"Alyssa"

"Save your bullshit, we'll talk tomorrow, now I just wanna go to bed"

I run upstairs, change and get into my bed, I can hear Nash telling Jenny to leave until she finally does, Mahogany quietly comes up to my bed and lays down next to me. "I'm sorry" she whispers thinking I'm asleep.

"For what?" I ask, she jumps a bit but recovers, "sorry that I couldn't stand up to her be myself and had to have you stand up for me,sorry for being weak, I wouldn't have gotten you in trouble with Nash. Its just, I can't compete with those kind of girls" I nod and turn around to face her "Mahogany, you aren't weak, you just haven't found your voice yet and I'm not the only one in trouble"

"Thank you for being such a great friend!" She says and hugs me. I can feel my eyes closing slowly and finally I am in the world of peace and sleep.

-

-

-

"Alyssa!!!" I hear Voice screaming in my ear, haven't people ever heard to never wake up a woman by screaming in her ears, loudly.

I swap my hand out in attempt to smack whoever did that but sadly missed, "there is bacon downstairs" the voice whispers. I immediately jump up, and there he was sitting next to me, Cameron.

"Why are you here?" I ask sassily

"Because I wanted to wake you up" He replies

"Get out!" I yell, I guess you can tell I'm a bit grumpy in the morning. I seriously didn't care what I looked like right now so I just rolled out and went downstairs in my sweat pants and tank top.

"Good Morning!" Mahogany says as I approach the end of the stairs, she seems happy, she's always happy but today she was oddly happy.

"What made you so happy today?"

"I don't even know, I just have such a great feeling about today"

"Mmm" I take a bite of the pancake she had just set in front of me.

"What are you doing today?"

"I got a photo shoot, then I thought me and you could go have dinner with some of my friends, O2L, Andrea, Jenn, Lauren Elizabeth, and Arden"

"Good, I'm going to the photo shoot with you and I would love to go to the dinner, I always wanted to meet them!"

"Ok, let's go get ready" I say taking the last bite of my food. You're probably thinking why I eat so much and remain model skinny, I have a fast metabolism so I could eat whatever I wanted.

"Alyssa, can we talk?" A voice says from the back of me, I instantly recognize it as Nash

"Yeah" I sigh and get out of my seat. I turn around and see Nash with puffy and red eyes. Shit, I probably made him cry. I run up to him and hug him tight, even when we're grown up I still can't stand it when he cries.