Chapter 7: memoirs of a sister

*Knock Knock*

Once Sana heard the knock, she quickly took out her apron and excitedly ran towards the door to open it.

'T-Tzuyu!' Sana was gonna go for a hug but the younger shoved her aside. 'W-what took you so long?' Sana asked the younger despite the fact she knows her sister has grew distant from her.

'I'm tired, Sana. I'm gonna go to sleep' Tzuyu said. It broke her heart as her half-sister didn't call her 'unnie'

'Eat. Eat first. I cooked your favourite!' Sana said while giving off a smile.

Tzuyu just looked at her, 'I'm good. Maybe when I wake up'

'Oh... o-okay...' Sana looked down in disappointment. 'My room's in the far corner on the left side' Sana said.

'And you?' Tzuyu asked.

'Oh, I'm gonna be sleeping in the couch from now on' Sana said with a smile as if it could never be a big deal.

Tzuyu looked at her and nodded before going to her sister's room.

Sana sat down on the dining table, I guess she really do hate me now....

———-
2yeon arrived at the dorm,

'Oh, Sana! Why are you sleeping on the couch?' Nayeon asked the girl.

'Oh, Tzuyu will be using my room from now on' Sana said.

The two sighed and sat in the living room.

'Did she talk to you?' Jeongeyon asked.

Sana looked down and shook her head.

'She hates me, Jeong. My sister hates me and it's my fault' She uttered.

'It's not your fault, Sana. Don't blame yourself' Nayeon uttered and they both rubbed the girl's back.

~Flashback~

Sana and Tzuyu's parents passed away. Sana knew they wouldn't be able to survive if she stay in the countryside, in her uncle's territory. So she decided she'd study and work in the city to provide for her and her sister.

'Unnie... donmt leave me, please....' Tzuyu gripped her arm tight and hugged her.

Sana knows why her sister doesn't wanna be left behind in their uncle's. That's because her uncle makes them do labour more than what a child could do. He physically abuse them if they refuse to work. So they have no choice most of the time.

'Tzuyu-ah... I can't take you with me right now.. but I promise to be back and I'll take you with me...' Sana cupped her sister's face, trying to hold back her tears.

This was the time when Tzuyu's still a little bit shorter than her. When Tzuyu is still a happy and cheery kid, not introvert and savage.

'Hey, kid. You're gonna miss your bus' Her uncle yelled at her.

They both flinched.

Sana tried escape her sister's grip. 'Unnie, don't leave me here. Please... unnie, I'm begging you' Tzuyu cried and pleaded.

It breaks Sana's heart to see her sister like that.

'Stop holding back your sister!' Her uncle grabbed Tzuyu's arm that made the little girl wince.

'No, uncle! You're hurting he—' Sana was cut off.

'Go!' Her uncle screamed.

She flicnhed and rushed her way out.