6 | Unlucky

Derek

NO MIRACLE HAPPENED last night, and even though I don't care about that, my mind is so freakishly attached that no miracle happened last night. I mean, I'm Derek Sam Walker for crying out loud, miracles are supposed to happen to me, so why didn't it happen last night? Am I that unlucky. God, I really am!

And now, here I am on my way late to school because my lazy ass didn't want to get up. I can already picture Spencer's expression when he sees me. I wonder if he did any research on me the other day because of my breakout at the Diner. I don't blame him, but I also don't want him telling everyone at Lone Star High School that I have a dead brother, because that would make everything worse. Not that my life isn't worse or anything, in fact, its pretty good; if you don't count the part of this girl that I have a major crush on who probably doesn't even like me back.

But yeah, its pretty good.

When I moved to Frisco, I didn't expect much out of the move; but soon all of these opportunities came rushing to me at once and I didn't know what to do... until I saw her. It's not that big of a deal: my crush and everything, but every time I see her (which is pretty often), I get butterflies in my stomach. And when I get butterflies, it takes a long time for them to disappear.

Anyways, a few months into the move of Frisco, I started taking the move as a fresh start; a way of getting away from the horrors in Florida. Sort of like a new identity. I started by trying out for the Lone Star's baseball team, but as a freshman, it was kind of hard to get into. So, I started going to the Gym everyday for at least seven months; something I used to do with my brother. It was weird, I have to admit, going to the Gym alone.

I guess that's when I learned how depressing my brother's death is and why my mother has meltdowns every time someone mentions his name.

But that was also where I met Spencer, a freshman who had the same ambition as me: to get ripped for baseball tryouts next season. To be honest, I wasn't really trying to get ripped in the beginning, but after Spencer talked me into it, I started to have visions of myself in a six pack. Maybe that would finally impress my crush (yeah, spoiler alert: it didn't work... yet).

I pull up to Lone Star High School: the place where fun hardly exists, and park in my parking lot. Student Council did this thing, where if you were a Senior and had your own parking lot, then you had full authority to decorate your parking lot (you basically just paint on it). However, it cost a little extra, since Student Council was doing this where they raised money for a charity. And, I wasn't planning on spending $20 more, after I spent about $200 on the parking lot itself. But, like always, Spencer forced me to sign up for it because I was supposively doing a 'good deed' by donating $20 to whatever charity Student Council had decided on (which I don't even think they did yet). But really, the only reason why Spencer had me donate $20 was because of the huge crush on his tutor, Cassie, who apparently not only is a tutor, but the treasurer of my class.

Yeah, isn't that great? Knowing that Cassie Wilson is handling my class' money!

It's not like she's in her 30s or something, and Spencer's just a teenager that makes me despise her. No, she's a teenager too, just like him; but that's not the point. It's the fact that her brother is Tyler Wilson, which makes me hate her guts so much. I know it's not her fault, though, that she's related to the Devil Tyler Wilson. But, seeing how she has lived under the same roof with Tyler for the past 17 years, makes me wonder if she's adopting any of his bad habits (which are many). Spencer keeps telling me that Tyler has changed since his three years to boarding school at Resolution Ranch Academy, but I don't believe him one bit. And you could say, it's because of what he did to me in the library during eighth grade, but I don't listen to shit like that.