Prologue

IT HAD JUST been a week since he moved in; still fresh and new to everything in his neighborhood, his mother had advised him to go outside and make some friends.

Although that's not really why he was outside.

The other day, he had seen a young chocolate-skinned girl walking by his neighborhood. He wasn't one to have so much interest in a person, but when he saw the girl's black curls neatly draped on her shoulders, he felt an instant attraction.

Something he never felt before.

It was almost towards the end of the day now, and he was just about to head home with low hopes, when he saw a glimpse of black curls in a nearby window. He wasn't much of a creeper nor a stalker, but the feeling of hope took him over as he wondered if those black curls belonged to the girl he had seen yesterday. He peeked through the window to spot a girl, laughing her head off with another girl. 

The girl from yesterday.

You couldn't instantly make out that they were sisters, but just because of how deep they were looking into each other's eyes, Derek could immediately tell they were.

He got down from the window with an odd sensation on his face and began his way home. 

It was only when he entered his driveway, he realized the girl with the black curls lived across from him. He had an odd feeling of jumping up and down, but refrained himself from doing so. Instead, he grinned as brightly as he could, forgetting about his past life in Florida.

For he had finally found a reason to smile.

To be happy.

~~~

hi :)

wasn't planning on doing a prologue for IBRH, but then i thought it would make more sense that way, so... here ya go!! i hope y'all enjoy it and this story [IBRH] makes a lil more sense now. don't forgot to COTE + your amazing ✰

― AK 💜