21

It was christmas. Hadrian woke up quite excited. It was his first Christmas with his true family and he was rather excited.

Hadrian tried to wake up Draco, but the stubborn Neko flicked his tail and grumbled. Hadrian had a good idea. "Its Christmas! Get up you lazy arse!"

Draco sprang up. Hadrian laughed. They ran downstairs into the Living room, where the others were.

Severus smiled. "Good morning, Hadrian, Draco. Spike got irritated for waiting for you so Tom has him." Severus turned to Tom, who handed the snake to Hadrian.

"Hello Spike." Hadrian said, Spike curled up around Hadrian's Shoulder, ignoring him.

They started handing around presents. Tom and Severus gave him a locket that had a picture of a younger Severus and Tom. Hadrian immediately clipped it around his neck, promising to treasure it. Sirius and Remus gave him a book filled with pictures of them, Tom and Severus and Lucius and Narcissa when they were younger. Bill and Fleur gave him a french painting of a Dragon - which reminded Hadrian of Draco. Percy gave him a book about Veela's. The twins gave Hadrian some prototype pranking items. Hermione was at her parents though she had gifted Hadrian a large packet of chocolate frogs. Blaise gave Harry a book on Fiendfyre, Pansy and Charlie - who were a couple now - gave Hadrian some models of Dragons, Theo and Daphne gave him a charmed quill which wrote what you said. Lucius and Narcissa gave Hadrian a book on etiquette, Luna gave Hadrian a book on magical creatures, Neville gave Hadrian a house plant and Bellatrix gave him a Sword and a dagger.

Draco's gift was the best one though. He led Hadrian away and they went into the gardens. Draco suddenly knelt down.

He looked Hadrian in the eye and said. "I know we are young and have not been together for long, but since I found you, you made my world less murky. You give me the motivation to carry on in these dark times. Hadrian Riddle, will you become mine?"

Hadrian squealed and hugged Draco. "Yes!" Draco gave him the most beautiful ring, it had the infinity symbol with a red ruby and a silver stone, representing their eye colour. Draco slipped it on Hadrians finger.

Hadrian clung onto Draco as they walked back to the group. Pansy saw the ring and she jumped up and congratulated the duo. Hadrian showed everyone the ring and everyone was hugging them and wishing them luck.

It was now time for the Malfoy's annual ball. Hadrian put on his suit and went downstairs, to be met with the most beautiful sight.

Draco was chatting with his parents. He turned around and they both melted. Draco offered his arm and they took to the dance floor.

A slow song came on and Hadrian and Draco swayed to it, in each others arms. Hadrian looked up at Draco and it was then he realised how much he really loved his mate.

He loved his idiotic smirk when he was being sassy and the way his hair flopped into his eyes. The way his eyes shimmered when he was happy gave Hadrian more hope. He loved how soft his hands were and how Draco looked at him with admiration. Hadrian knew that he could depend on Draco when he needed help and he could trust Draco with anything.

Hadrian knew Draco was feeling these same feelings as they swayed across the dance floor. They slowly leant into kiss when the song played its finishing cords.

Hermione was there. She had informed Hadrian she had found her mate, Fred Weasley, whom she was currently dancing with. Neville and Blaise had gotten together. Luna and George were together and Percy had found love in Viktor Krum.

After the ball, Hadrian and Draco walked into their room. They collapsed onto the bed, Hadrian's wings curling over himself and Draco, protecting his Fiancee from danger.

(Eek! Hadrian and Draco are engaged now. This one made me emotional to write because I remembered pitching the ideas of this story in my head over a year ago now and look how far the story has developed now!

Thank you all for your amazing support and remember, you have three weeks for the competition.

Love Luna x)