Chapter 24

Omkara and Gauri became busy in their daily lives.

Gauri preparing for her upcoming exams and Omkara painting the canvas to surprise Gauri.

One night after picking up Gauri from her college, Omkara noticed that she was unusually silent. He thought to ask about it late. They reached home and had dinner in silence.

Later at night, when Omkara came take water, he saw Gauri is still awake. So he went to her room.

"Gauri." He called her seeing her leaning on the chair closing her eyes.

"Omkaraji... You need something." She asked.

"No. Is everything Okay, I am observing you from evening. You are nervous and thinking about something, did something happened at college. You can share with me Gauri." Omkara asked standing in front of her.

"O.. Omkaraji, Today my lecturer Ms. Dwivedi, called me and said being impressed by my project they selected me to represent our college in inter college competitions held on this weekend. Where I have to give a presentation on the project I prepared. " Gauri said looking at Omkara.

"Wow... Congrats Gauri, I am proud of you. " Omkara said hugging her.

"Omkaraji. I can't participate in that competition. I never participated in any of such kind. I can't Omkaraji, I am afraid to give a presentation before so many people. " Gauri said.

"Gauri, never underestimate yourself. you got an opportunity and never waste opportunities. Many are waiting for that one opportunity and you are luck to get one, so never waste an opportunity. I will help you in your presentation, please don't back off. You are my Dabang Chiraiyya, you should never be afraid of anything. You are participating and that's final." Omkara said cupping her face.

Gauri smiled at him nodding.

"Now come let's start working on your presentation. We have only 3 days to complete it. " Omkara said sitting on the chair folding his sleeves.

Gauri and Omkara began to work preparing Gauri's presentation for her inter college competition.

They worked together and completed the presentation.

On the presentation day Gauri got ready early in the morning even though she was confident all these days due to constant encouragement from Omkara but on presentation day she was nervous wreck and began to fear.

"Gauri, shall we start for the competition. " Omkara asked coming down from the stairs buttoning his sleeves.

Not getting any response he looked around for Gauri and saw her walking to and from in the kitchen mumbling herself with nervousness written all over face.

Omkara smiled and walked towards the kitchen. He caught her from her shoulders and stopped her from oscillating further.

"Gauri did you took the duty of pendulum or what? Why are you moving to and fro. " Omkara asked smiling.

"Omkaraji I am afraid about the presentation. " Gauri said hurriedly.

Omkara smiled at her nervousness stricken face and gave her a glass of water to drink.

"Relax meri chiraiyya, it's just a presentation and not any world War you are going to fight. " Omkara said rubbing her shoulders to ease her tension.

"It's seems nothing less than a war for me omkaraji. " Gauri said getting tensed.

Seeing her tension and nervousness Omkara pulled her into a hug and Gauri tightened her hold around him, Omkara wrapped his hands around her pulling her more closer if possible and began to cuddle her.