Chapter 71

"Merry Christmas!" Omkara said blowing confetti on Gauri, who was combing her hair standing in front of the mirror.

"Omkara ji, stop throwing confetti all around, I can't clean the room again, I have to go down and place gifts under the Christmas tree."

"What gift did u brought for me?" Omkara asked back hugging Gauri.

"You can see it yourself, be patient." Gauri smiled.

"You brought gifts for everyone right?"

"Yes, I even brought gifts for Khanna and Mishra too."

"That's my baby." Omkara said giving a peck on Gauri's cheek, "let's go and keep the gifts under the tree, I am sure everyone will like our gifts."

"What Our?" Gauri asked with a frown, "It's my gifts, I brought them, you didn't even accompany me for shopping."

"I thought we cleared that matter yesterday."

"No, We didn't." Gauri said slipping out of Omkara's arms. "And they are my gifts, you should have brought gifts on your own if you want to gift them."

"Gauri, please, I am sorry, I don't have enough time now to go and bring gifts, please." Omkara requested. "What would the family members will think, if they get to know I didn't brought any gifts for them?"

"Sorry, Omkara ji, but they are my gifts to family, it's your fault you didn't brought any gift, I can't help you. " Gauri said taking her gifts and walking out of the room leaving a worried Omkara behind.

"Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way__" Rudra sang merrily as he began to descend the steps with a bounce in every step holding the gifts in his hands.

Rudra has been looking forward for Christmas with great eager and enthusiasm ever since the family members decided to celebrate Christmas, he was the one, who arranged and decorated the Christmas tree staying awake all night.

"Merry Christmas, Khanna." Rudra greeted the security guard, who was standing in the living room and greeted Rudra back.

"Sir, Bhavya mam is here and asking for you to help her carry her gifts inside." Khanna informed.

"My pretty Girlfriend wants to see the muscle power of Rudra, then let me show her." Rudra said flexing his muscles, "Khanna, take this boxed and keep them under the Christmas tree while I go and see Bhavya." He said walking out the living room.

"Rudra to the rescue, Bhavya babe." Rudra said leaning against Bhavya's car. "Tell me, what do you want me to do? Lift this car and put it under the Christmas tree?"

"Stop bragging about your muscle power, Rudra, for we both know, who's the strongest among us." Bhavya rolled her eyes. "I want you to carry that cake that I specially baked for Khanna, my hands are full and I don't want Khanna to know about his gift."

"Did you brought a gift for me?" Rudra asked helping Bhavya to take the bags out.

"Off course, I brought gifts for everyone. I even took an early off yesterday evening to do the shopping." Bhavya sid shutting her car door and walking towards the house carrying her bags. "What about you? How did your shopping went?"

"It went well, for I found perfect gifts for everyone, I was worried that I didn't found a good gift for my mom but thankfully, when I went out on the business work yesterday, I found a gift for her, I can't wait to see that happy glint in her eyes when she sees her gift." Rudra said smiling.

"You know, you behave like a kid sometimes but you really are great guy." Bhavya said looking at Rudra in adoration.

"Wow! I got a compliment from you, I never expected that." Rudra exclaimed. "Oh god, you really have your bright light on me today." He said in a dramatic voice making Bhavya smile at his antics.

Oberoi's assembled in the living room, greeting each other merrily.

"I hope everyone brought and placed their gifts under the Christmas tree." Anika said clapping her hands in a joyous manner.

"Yes," Jhanvi said in a cheerful time, "let's go and check the gifts."

"Let's go." Gauri said moving towards the Christmas tree, sparing a brief glance at Omkara, who was sitting in the sofa and gave her a dull and worried pouty look, when  he met her eyes.

"Sorry, your problem." Gauri mouthed and turned to speak with Anika.

"Let's open the gifts and see, who brought what?" Pinky said taking the gift and unwrapping it, seated in the living room amongst the others.

"I bet you all will like my gifts more than anyone else's." Shivaay said with a proud look.

"Wait until they see mine, Rudra always gets the best." He whispered to Bhavya, winking.

Omkara sat silently unwrapping the gifts he got.

"Wow! This cashmere sweater." Jhanvi exclaimed hugging the pink sweater, "I always wanted this one in this particular colour."

Rudra gave Bhavya as knowing look and the latter gave a nod of appreciation.

"Thank you." Jhanvi said happily feeling the smooth material of the sweater. "Thank you so much, Om."

"What?" Rudra shouted. "Why are you thanking O, mom?"

"Because, it's his gift Rudra, he's the one I should thank for the gift." Jhanvi said in a obvious tone pointing at the gift box.

"No mention, Mom, I always know you by your heart." Omkara said giving a sweet smile to Jhanvi.

"What the Hell." Rudra shouted, "Why is O's name is written on all the gifts I brought?"

"What are you saying Rudra? They are my gifts." Omkara said acting oblivious. "You forgot to bring the gifts?"

"Don't act, O." Rudra said looking at the gifts that has Omkara's name written on them, "These are my gifts."

"Rudra, be honest accept that you forgot to get gifts, we all know you are lazy but don't make false accusations on me." Omkara said shaking his head.

"Gauri Bhabhi—" Rudra whined turning to his rescuer.

"Omkara ji." Gauri called narrowing her eyes at Omkara.

"What? Those are my gifts, Rudra is lying, see they have my name on them too."  Omkara defended.

"Omkara, " Pinky called before Gauri can scold him, "Stop lying." She scolded.

"What? You are believing Rudra's words and accusing me!" Omkara said making a sad face.

"Omkara, you really are talented to change the name on the box but Rudra was smart enough to put his name card inside the box." Pinky said waving a greeting card with Rudra's name on it, making Omkara smile sheepishly.

"Yes, Pinky is right, here's another gift from both Omkara and Gauri." Shakti said showing the gift box with Omkara and Gauri's name written on it.

Gauri glared at Omkara, making him mentally smack his head and worry about how he have to cajol his wife to let him sleep on the bed tonight.

Happy Friendship Day guys