Chapter 54

"Did you completed the assignment? " Gauri asked as soon as Omkara entered the room.

"Yup! " Omkara said popping the P.

"Here, take it." Omkara said forwarding the book towards Gauri.

Gauri smiled and went to take the book from Omkara but he raised his hand up keeping the book out of reach for Gauri making her frown.

"What? Take the book, Shortie." Omkara teased making Gauri narrow her eyes glaring at him.

"Come on, take the book." He said raising his hand high.

"Don't make fun of my height." Gauri said jumping to take the book from Omkara's hand but failed.

She pouted making Omkara laugh.

"Don't laugh." Gauri said hitting Omkara on his hands.

"Ouch! Don't hit me, it hurts." Omkara said trying to dodge her punches.

"Give me my assignment." Gauri huffed.

"Nah! Since you failed to take the assignment. I will give to you only if you kiss me." Omkara said winking.

"No." Gauri said blushing.

"Think about it, don't you need your assignment? " Omkara asked raising his brow.

"Omkara ji, please... "

"Kiss."

"Ple.. "

"Kiss. Now. "

"Fine." Gauri said lightly pecked Omkara's lips but Omkara deepened the kiss holding Gauri's neck.

"I spoke with Dad." Omkara said once they settled down on the bed with Gauri leaning her head against his chest.

"You did! " Gauri asked happily.

"Yes." Omkara said laying his cheek on the top of her head playing with her hair. "We spoke and cleared our differences."

"Wow! That's great." Gauri exclaimed internally feeling happy for the success of her plan.

"Yes, it was great to reconcile with my Dad, Thanks to you." Omkara said kissing her temple.

"Why are you thanking me? " Gauri asked enjoying the little moments between them.

"Do you think, I am that stupid to not figure out your plan, Chiraiyya." Omkara asked tilting his head to look at Gauri's face.

"Wha.. What plan? " Gauri asked shocked.

"I know you purposefully asked me to take Dad's help to complete your record. And thank you for giving me a much needed push to mend my relationship with my dad, I am happy to have him in my life again." He said truly happy and pinched her nose.

"I always wanted you to enjoy the love of both your parents, Omkaraji." Gauri said placing her hand against Omkara's stubble cheeks making him smile looking down at her.

Omkara hugged her kissing on the top of her head as Gauri wrapped her hands around his waist, they spent time enjoying each other's embrace.

Next day morning the people of Oberoi Mansion got pleasant surprise as they watched the ever quarreling father and son duo coming to the dining hall laughing together on some private joke.

"Good morning guys." Omkara greeted the family members who are looking at him with wide eyes and open mouths.

"Why are you guys, so shocked? " Tej asked settling down.