Kabanata 53

"Daddy..." I called dad when he was about to walk out the door. Carrying his suitcase and wearing his formal clothes. He stopped and looked at me with his usual cold expression.

"Where are you going? It's mom's death anniversary. We're going, right Daddy?" I asked him innocently. I don't mind how he look at me. I'm used to his cold stares, that's just who he is. He faced me and walked towards me, he squatted to level his face to mine.

"I'm going to work today. We can't visit your mom." I sighed and nod. I stared at his cold gray eyes and wrapped my arms on his neck.

"Be back sooner, okay?" he just nod and pat my head then went off. I can still remember his gray eyes that was like staring at my soul. He's not the best dad, but he's also not the worst. I know that he loves me even though he gives me a cold treatment.

Idinilat ko ang mga mata ko at bumungad sa akin ang madilim na kwarto. Bumangon ako mula sa pagkakahiga at lumingon sa bintana, only to see the bright two moons outside. Umalis ako sa kama at binuksan ang ilaw ng kwarto. Kinuha ko ang libro na sinasabing pagmamay-ari ni Avis at muling umupo sa kama. Binuklat ko ito at muli na naman itong lumutang. Might as well read this book and understand this world even more.

The Gods

Long ago, when there is no time, no land, no oceans, and nothingness, the Gods are the only ones who exists. They were created by the highest and most powerful God of all that they consider as their God or King. Each of them has their own duty that is given by their creator.

Their creator created the world. He created the oceans, the sky, the land, the suns, the moons, all of the things that is seen today. And at last, he created the animals, along with the humans. They are the Gods' duty to protect.

Trona, the Goddess of the peaceful land. Feiro, the God of the blazing fire. Aethona, the Goddess of endless time. Shaera, the Goddess of the dark night. Shoru, the God of the bright day and the twin of Shaera. And Odeana, the Goddess of dreams.

Each God has their own responsibility. They didn't fail their creator, no mistakes have been made. They respect and trust the words of the one who made them.

One day, a child was born. Beautiful as the daylight, calm as the ocean, and kind as the land. With her long blond hair, ocean blue eyes, white skin as the snow, and gorgeous features, she can easily catch the attention of anyone who lays their eyes on her. The Gods are not an exception.

But her beauty is not the only thing that made the Gods acknowledge her existence. Because this girl is also the one who is fated to be their creator's successor. Therefore, she became a God, more powerful and superior. The Gods accepted her but not all.

Shaera, the Goddess of the Darkness and Beauty envied the girl. And that is when she created the darkness, she called it the Hellias. She created the creatures that is feared by the humans as vengeance for their creator who already passed away and transferred it's power to an ordinary human.

Shaera was unstoppable. The humans' doubts, fear, anger, hunger, and lusts nourish her power. But Avis, the successor, stopped her and succeeded but Shaera already created her own demons in the form of humans. In the rules of Gods, they cannot hurt any living things that is inferior to their existence such as the humans. And that is why, Avis cannot eliminate the creatures that she created.

Shaera is locked away to a very far away place that no human can---

Mabilis kong sinarado ang libro noong makarinig ako ng katok sa akin pintuan.

"Zai, still awake?" napabuga ako ng hangin noong marinig ang boses ni Jebal. Itinago ko muli ang libro at binuksan ang pinto. Ang nakatirintas na buntot ng kaniyang buhok ay nakalugay na at halatang kakagising niya lang. May hawak rin siyang gatas.

"Nagtaka lang ako kung bakit nakabukas pa rin ang ilaw sa kwarto mo" aniya at humikab. Kinuha ko naman ang hawak niyang gatas at uminom dahil sa uhaw, ibinalik ko rin sa kamay niys ulit 'yon.

"You should sleep already. And what are you doing in this kind of hour?" inaantok niyang tanong.

"Can't sleep" yun na lang ang sinagot ko. Muli siyang humikab at mukhang hindi na kaya ang antok. Tumango na lang siya at naglakad na pabalik sa kwarto niya habang umiinom ng gatas. Muli kong sinarado ang pinto at dumiretso na lang sa kama.

Now I know Avis' identity, the next thing that I need to know is her purpose.