Kabanata 59

Third Person's Point of View

"After the sword practice, pair up with someone you want to go against with. I want to see the quality of your Exceliums." Sinner ordered and they all responded. Lumingon si Sinner kay Zai na nasa isang gilid lamang. Nakasandal ito sa pader at nakatitig lamang sa hawak na kwintas. The girl was off for two weeks now. Her intense focus was gone. She's also getting beaten in sword fighting. He also heard from his co-workers that the girl is spacing out lately.

"Zai." tumingin naman ito sa kanya noong tinawag niya ito. The girl's eyes look lost.

"Be ready and keep your focus. I assigned you as the captain. Don't make me regret it." he said and leave her where she is.

Zai glanced back at the necklace that Avis gave her. She held it tightly and cleared her head.

"Zai" she looked at her left when someone called her name. And there she saw Christa glaring at her. In her hand is a sword that she use for practice.

"Pair with me. I'll repay you for what you did to me." Zai just looked directly at her. Her arm is already healed because of Levine. Levine let her use the potion that Zai created even though Zai forbid it. And Zai, who is true to her words, stop the reproduction of the potions. People from the Health Department was angered because of her childish decision but they had no choice because the inventor said so. Some thought that Zai wants the people to realize her power and some thought that she was being unreasonable. She took responsibility for her decision. She held a conference in front of all the villagers and accepted their complaints and insults. They were more angered when Zai answered their question, why is she doing this?

"Why? Humans has their own limited time. And I have no rights to prolong it. Just die if you're gonna die. And it's not fun if you're healed with a single drink, right?"

"Do what you want." she replied and walked away from her.

---

Layn and Trois stood in front and then they were surrounded by a barrier. It was their turn and their duel is about to begin.

"I'm fighting Layn! It's Layn!" Trois excitedly said while jumping up and down. Layn just smiled and got ready.

"Start"

Trois immediately attacked. Some was surprised because of his speed. All they saw was blue light of electricity.

Trois was about to kick Layn but Layn's teddy beat immediately got in the way. Mabilis na nawala si Trois at nakarating siya sa likod ni Layn. Akmang susuntukin na niya ito ngunit biglang lumutang ang semento na nasa pagitan nila. Mabilis na lumayo si Trois at tila pinagpag ang kamay dahil sa sakit ng pagkakatama nito sa matigas na semento.

Doon lamang nila napagmasdan ang kabuuan ni Trois. Ang binti nito ay napapalibutan ng elektrisidad na pumormang metal boots. Ngumiti ito at may pumorma ring mga gloves na gawa sa elektrisidad sa kamay hanggang siko nito.

May lumutang na mga pinatulis na semento at pumunta iyon sa direksyon ni Trois ngunit naiwasan naman ito ng binata. Tumalsik palayo si Layn noong sinuntok ni Trois ang tiyan nito. Mabilis siyang sinalo ng kaniyang teddy bear at muli siyang inilapag sa sahig. Itinaas niya ang kaniyang dalawang kamay.