Tension

****Georgia's POV****

Everyone was just in shock as Lucie went and stood next to Tommy along with Amy and Curtis. I could feel Joe was upset next to me so I took his hand and I could feel him give me a quick squeeze.

"I've got a text." Anton said. "Joe and Anton you are now single. At the end of the week there will be a recoupling, anyone not picked will be dumped from the island. #scotfree. Let the games begin."

Amy then got one as well. "Amy and Curtis, Lucie And Tommy you are going on a double date. Please get ready to leave the villa immediately."

We watched them walk off before Joe started to react. "I just need some time."

Everyone started to crown around him but I could see he didn't want it, I understand they wanted to help him but nothing could be done. "Guys let's just leave him to it."

"Oh man that was hard." Sherif said. "Nothing could be done though. That's who he wanted to go for."

"It's just hard when he knows he was going to hurt Joe." I told him. "It's not like they were a secret. But yeah you've got to be selfish in here."

"Let's just leave them to sort it out. It's up to her now."

I sat back down and hurt held my head in my hands, I didn't really have the right to be upset when Joe was heartbroken.

"Hey are you alright?" Callum asked. "Come on let's go and have a chat."

He led me to the balcony and wrapped his arm around me. I stared at the stars just trying to compose myself for quite a while.

"You ready?"

"Yeah. I thought there was something between Tommy and I and I know it's stupid and we've only known each other a day but I was starting to like him." I blurted out. "I don't know what else I could have done."

"You can't think like that. If he doesn't want you now then he doesn't deserve you alright, he'll have a reason for picking Lucie and you need to find that out. It might just be he hasn't got the chance to get to know her and needed that one on one time."

"I guess. It's just a bit embarrassing."

"There's nothing embarrassing about caring for someone."

"Thank you." I wrapped him up in a big hug. "I really needed a friend and you was there for me so thank you."

"Don't mention it."

****

They all came back from their date and Amy and Curtis seemed really happy. Lucie and Tommy seemed quite guarded about theirs but I could see why, obviously Joe was upset and still wanted to speak to them.

As I was getting ready for bed I could see Joe was brushing his teeth so I went for a chat.

"Hi Babe." I said and gave him a hug. "Are you alright?"

"Just a bit angry still but nothing can be done. She's still yet to make her mind up I think."

"Don't let them get to you alright. You have a right to be angry." I told him. "Have you spoken to Tommy?"

"No. I think it should be him who comes to me so I'm not going to make the effort."

"Fine." I told him. "What's everyone else said?"

"Amber was like something must have happened for him to pick her. She thinks Lucie's given him a hint to pick her."

"I don't know. She seemed genuinely shocked to me. Maybe I'm just a bad judge of character."