Nineteen.

We decide to go to Taco Bell. We go inside and order, Kyle pays and I go sit down with my pink lemonade and Kyle waits for our food.

He comes over a couple minutes later. "Your box, ma'am." He sits the box in front of me and sits down.

"Thanks."

"So tell me something about yourself I don't know from Noah," Kyle says trying to start a conversation.

"Um..." I look down at my box then back at him. "I'm an only child. Noah doesn't even know that."

"And where do your parents live?"

"My dad lives in Florida and my mom um," I look down and bite my lip, a single tear falls from my eye and I wipe it away. "She died three years ago."

"Oh my god I'm sorry, fuck. Noah's going to kill me definitely for making you cry." He moves over to my side of the booth and hugs me. "I'm sorry I asked, Tree."

"I-it's okay, you didn't k-know."

"We don't have to talk about family, I was just trying to get to know you."

"Kyle it's okay." I lay my head on his shoulder.

He moves his food over to my side and he removes his arms from around me and we continue to eat and talk a little.

"Did you want me to take you home or is your car at the hotel?" Kyle asks as we finish eating.

"My car is at the hotel."

"Did you wanna go back now?"

"We can drive around if you want, I kinda don't wanna be alone yet."

"Okay," He says and slides out of the seat and takes our trash and dumps it. He comes back to the table as I'm standing up.

We head out to his car and we get in. "Anywhere in particular?" He asks as he pulls out to the street.

"The liquor store."

"No can do Tree."

"I know," I say and sigh. "I don't actually wanna drink, I just want these feelings to go away."

Kyle pulls into an empty parking lot and turns off the car.

"Are you gonna kill me?"

He laughs and says, "no." He unbuckles and turns towards me. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah."

"What is scaring you the most about Noah leaving?"

"I um," I bite my lip and unbuckle. "I'm afraid that someone else is going to come along and he's going to forget about lil old Tree."

"He would never forget about you or let anyone come between you two."

"How do you know that for sure, Kyle?"

"Because I see the way he talks about you and how he treats you."

"I'm afraid of losing someone else. I can't lose him." I start sniffling. "I can't Kyle."

"Aww Tree." He moves the center console and pull me over to him, hugging me tight. "You're not going to lose him, if I have anything to say."

"I-I'm sorry."

"Don't be. Let it out if you have to. Whatever you say will stay here, I promise."

"He means so much to me. He's the first person I've let in since my mom and I just can't. I've only know him a month and I feel like I don't know."

Kyle rubs my back and just listens.

"I'm not in love with him yet but he's got a very special place in my heart already and I-I know it's gonna suck on Saturday but he says we'll make it and I wanna believe him so much. I've," I sniffle, "never felt like this with my other boyfriends."