>> Chapter 2 <<

Previously:

The last thing he saw before he was taken away was the guy finally moving his head to face him before everything went black.

**

"Oi! Crappy Oikawa! Get up!"

The sudden shout alarmed him and he bolted up, knocking his forehead to the forehead of the person who woke him up. He exclaimed in pain, hands flying to soothe the pained area and tears pricked the corner of his eyes.

"Geez! Your alarm clock was blaring and even auntie tried to wake you." Iwaizumi Hajime got up and rubbed his forehead, scowling when Oikawa Tooru still wasn't moving and scrambling to dress himself up but was instead sitting and staring blankly at the wall.

"Oi." He tried to get the attention of his friend, only to fail. They were losing time and Oikawa still has to prepare for school, they don't have any time to waste dilly-dallying. Iwaizumi clicked his tongue, pulling the dazed Oikawa to stand up and shoving him to the bathroom, shutting the door close with force.

He marched downstairs, meeting Oikawa's mother who was eating on the table.

"Did Tooru tease you again?" she asked when she saw the fuming Iwaizumi. "He didn't. We'd be late if this drags on," Iwaizumi answered, occasionally glancing at the staircase to see if Oikawa has come down. Minutes later, a rather dazed Oikawa ate his breakfast and left the house silently, surprising his mother and Iwaizumi.

Growing worried, not like he'll ever admit it, Iwaizumi frowned as they walked to school in silence. According to Oikawa's mother, he didn't do his morning jog today and even woke up late, which the training obsesses Oikawa would never miss. He's known him since they were kids and Oikawa would never miss a day for his morning jog and milk bread.

For God's sake, he's even this quiet! Oikawa would never stop teasing or irking him when they are on their way to school. The quiet Oikawa today was new and unusual to Iwaizumi. He hadn't even punched or beat him this morning.

"Is something bothering you?" Iwaizumi asked, his worry overtaking his hesitation. He peered over to Oikawa, "He was mesmerizing." Iwaizumi huffed. Was this guy not listening to him? Who's this 'he' Oikawa is talking about? Mesmerizing? He even used that word?

"He was so mesmerizing. Compared to him, I'd lose." The ever confident Oikawa had just admitted that he'd lose to this 'he'. Is the world going to end? Will the sun rise in the west and set in the east? Iwaizumi wondered if his friend has finally gone bonkers.

In school, Iwaizumi relayed what happened earlier to the other volleyball third year regulars, Hanamaki Takahiro and Matsukawa Issei.

"You're saying that Oikawa isn't noisy today and that it's weird?" Hanamaki clarified. Iwaizumi nodded and pointed to the peacefully eating Oikawa who would occasionally look out the window and to the sky. Matsukawa waved his hand across Oikawa's face, dragging him to their conversation and Oikawa blinked, completely unaware of what they were talking about. Iwaizumi made a look that seemed to convey 'See? He's gone nuts.' Now, both Hanamaki and Matsukawa are worried.

Adorable Oikawa, blinking in innocence to the situation, made the three sputter in their heads about how the word innocence should be nonexistent if ever related to Oikawa. "Mattsun? Maki? Iwa-chan?" he inquired, baffled at the funny faces of his friends. Hanamaki, thank goodness, recovered from his mental sputtering, "Did you admit to Iwaizumi that you'd lose to another male in regards to looks?" came his blunt approach on the topic.

"Yeah. Why?" Oikawa was wondering what was wrong with what he admitted to Iwaizumi. Matsukawa gasped exaggeratedly, "Who are you and where is our captain?"

"What do you mean, Mattsun?" ah, Oikawa was even more confused, Seeing as this trash isn't understanding what they were talking and shocked about, added, "You, a smug and flirty brat, just admitted that someone is more handsome than you. See the problem?"

The dark chocolate brown haired male rolled his matching eyes at the statement, now realizing what they were meaning. It wasn't like he was lying. The guy he saw in his dream, from the glimpse he had before he was woken up, actually had a very good face. He might be mistaken since he had little time to fully scan the features of that wonderfully sculpted face but Oikawa swore he saw him having apple green eyes topped with his spiky blonde hair.

"Is that really how you see me, Iwa-chan? I'm hurt," Oikawa whined, masking his desire to just fall asleep then and there to see if he'd be able to have that dream again and meet that guy.

"Suffer the pain then," Iwaizumi snapped and finished his lunch, ignoring the whining Oikawa who grasped his heart in fake pain as he looked absolutely stumped by Iwaizumi's reply. Seeing their captain trying his best to make them stop worrying and to ease them, Matsukawa and Hanamaki glance at each other, non verbal communication exchanged, before they resumed their normal life of teasing and bantering with the other two. Iwaizumi was just glad that Oikawa regained a bit of his focus back rather than have him all on silent mode.

**

{End of Chapter}

Up next:

Confused with his own self, Oikawa urged himself to move, to go and talk to him before the dream ends. He was just a few steps away from being able to grasp his shirt before the surrounding became static and blurry again, Oikawa panicked and hurried himself but when he was about to hold the shirt, his vision darkened and the sound of his alarm blasting caused him to jump awake.