>> Chapter 40 <<

hey guys!

second update for today since i felt quite pumped to do this. Hahaha

**

Apple green eyes glowed with warmth as he watched their entwined hands, his ears deaf to the whining of his boyfriend who grumbled for him to hurry up.

Tooru huffed, clearly sensing how Naoya is enjoying his whining right now. Rolling his eyes, he noticed how some girls whispered to one another and pointed at him. Tooru froze as he thought that they might have seen through his disguise, making him not notice how Naoya's eyes sharpened and flitted to the girls, casting them nasty glares before he smirked and brought their entwined hands higher, planting a soft kiss to Tooru's knuckles which snapped the dark chocolate brown haired male out of his overthinking.

His face glowing red, Tooru tugged Naoya and dashed inside the gymnasium, plopping his bum on the empty seats on the higher part of the audience area, Naoya sitting beside him.

While his lover was watching the game, Naoya didn't pay it any attention and just kept his eyes on Tooru's side profile, admiring and etching how he looked like with his glasses on. It was certainly a new sight for him. Tooru didn't wear any glasses when they met in their dreamscape and he mostly didn't wear it when they spent time together in the real world.

Seeing Tooru wearing glasses, Naoya was intrigued. It was a new side of his lover that he had found out; another color splashed on his now colored canvass.

With Tooru completely taken over to watching the match between Shiratorizawa and Karasuno, Naoya recalled the other day when Tooru had called him about the result of the match between his school and Karasuno.

Naoya almost flew out of his house when he heard Tooru sniffling on the other end of the call, scaring his father when he ran down the stairs in messy clothes, however, Tooru hastily told him that he didn't need to personally come over since they could meet each other in their dreamscape.

Hearing what Tooru had said, Naoya smacked his face with his palm, scolding himself for being such an idiot before apologizing to his father for scaring the shit out of him.

When they met in their dreamscape, Tooru clung to Naoya and bawled his eyes out, sobbing out his grievances for losing against his underclassman and how his hard work and training didn't seem to give him the results he wanted. All in all, he still lost. And he felt bitter. He felt angry. He felt it was unfair.

Naoya could see him spiraling down the negative path and he wasn't going to have his lover become so twisted, just like how Naoya was in the past, so he quickly snapped Tooru out of it. He didn't know whether he should laugh or cry when Tooru always forget that in their dreamscape, all his thoughts and memories could be projected and seen by Naoya.