>> Chapter 12 <<

Previously:

But he was still careful and making early moves to secure what he wants doesn't cause any harm to anyone.

**

Oikawa wasn't thrilled that his day ended with his team losing against Karasuno in their practice match. He had arrived when the game had already progressed to its final moments and Karasuno was points away from winning the set. He had gone to a doctor to inquire about his sprained ankle and he was glad that he was good enough to play but was reminded that he mustn't overexert himself.

When he entered the game, he had immediately noticed that few of Karasuno's members weren't good receivers and so he schemed and aimed his serve at the tall blonde at the back corner, earning a point for Seijoh. He had planned to rack up some points but the flow didn't go as he expected and he had even felt threatened when that shrimpy guy from the other team aimed his spike at the corner where Oikawa guarded.

To let off some steam, he had confronted the Karasuno team and then 'coolly' (according to Oikawa's mind) left them at his dust. He marched to the clubroom and banged the door open. Taking his things and making sure he locked the door, Oikawa and Iwaizumi, along with Matsukawa and Hanamaki, trudged on their way home.

When it was only him and Iwaizumi left, Oikawa's phone rang and he saw the mail his girlfriend sent him. He wanted to reply what was inside his mind ever since he got to talk to Naoya but he didn't want to jeopardize their relationship. The crack wasn't that deep yet and it can still be repaired. Oikawa replied with heart emojis and a cringe lovey-dovey message. Internally, Oikawa winced at the words he used to find to be adorable and heartfelt. He shook his head at the sudden bitterness and just pressed the button to send it.

Oikawa didn't allow time to escape him and completed everything he needed to do. His mother asked him what was wrong when he all but flew to his room after eating dinner. Oikawa behaved like an excited puppy and even drank milk to help him sleep faster. He wanted to talk to Naoya and forget about his reality problems.

To Oikawa, much to his obliviousness, Naoya is, in a way, his escape.

**

{End of Chapter}

Up next:

"Oikawa Tooru. Nice to meet you, Furuya Naoya."