>> Chapter 22 <<

Previously:

God, Oikawa wondered if he was having a heart attack right now.

**

Naoya adjusted his earphones, clicking the buttons of his phone to increase the volume of his music since he could still hear Bokuto's voice in the background. He'd wanted to go home early but Bokuto begged him to recheck his worksheet while Akaashi also tagged along and presented his English worksheet to him right after Bokuto skipped away.

He was at the corner of the gym, far from the boys practicing their spikes and any area that they might hit, sitting cross legged on the floor with his back turned to them. It was dark, as he was in the corner, but he had the flashlight of his phone on and it was problem solved.

Naoya grumbled at how loud Bokuto is, his annoyance of being halted from his early home plan adding oil to the fire and Naoya was in no mood to feel like a sadist or any amusement at all. 

Boredom couldn't even fathom it at the moment.

A tap interrupted his grumbling and Naoya removed the earphone on one of his ear and tilted his head up to look at the person. Akaashi was in the process of retrieving his outstretched hand when he felt a shiver the moment Naoya's apple green eyes landed on his form. 

His eyes were so sharp that Akaashi felt as if he was being chopped. A fire waiting to devour something, anything, lurked in the apple green eyes of his upperclassman and Akaashi internally groaned, guessing that he might've interrupted him in something and Akaashi knows that Naoya hates being interrupted at all.

"We're almost done, Furuya-senpai. It would be wise to start packing your materials up," Akaashi didn't know what to say. Aside from being tense by the sharp look, he was also trying to calm his rapidly beating heart as he spoke. It was hard to keep his face from exploding to red shades since he was so close to him and he could smell Naoya's lavender scent.

A grunt left Naoya's lips, his things being shoved in his bag while the worksheets were in his hand. He stood up, towering over Akaashi. The younger one thought that he wanted to be left alone to cool off but Naoya spoke before he could get away.

"If you suddenly kiss a guy friend you find really funny and close to you, what do you think that guy would feel?"

Naoya watched as Akaashi remained stone faced despite being thrown such a question and he silently mused at the fact that he couldn't tell a single thing of what Akaashi thinks of the matter. Naoya found it amusing to try to decipher just what lurks in Akaashi's mind but he needs to set his musing aside and focus more on the topic at hand.