>> Chapter 6 <<

Previously:

"Of course I love you, Ruri-chan."

**

"That's odd. The trees are all withered and the air is heavy. Tooru?" Naoya observed the desolate surrounding and he could hear a faint sound of sobbing and he strained his ears to follow it. He was led to the pond, where Oikawa laid on the side, curled to a ball. Oikawa was sobbing quietly, his hands on his mouth to muffle his sobs and tears ran down his face.

He looked so pitiful and Naoya grew troubled at this sight.

Naoya sat beside him, patting Oikawa's back to somehow soothe him. Oikawa caught himself and he turned to Naoya, his eyes red and lips quivering. "Naoya?" he asked and Naoya cooed in his mind, "Yes, it's the great me. Come here, troubled one," he imitated a wise tone he heard from movies and opened his arms, Oiakwa diving in and curling himself inside Naoya's embrace.

He cried and spilled all of his troubles regarding his girlfriend and Naoya found it hard to relate since he's never had one but he wanted to comfort this adorable bub so he just stayed silent and ran his fingers on Oikawa's fluffy dark chocolate brown hair. He held Oikawa a bit longer than he imagined and when Oikawa was finally finished telling him about his troubles and seized from crying, he was so flustered that he sprang away from Naoya and just sat in front of him, surprising Naoya.

"Why did you lie then, Tooru?" Naoya questioned and Oikawa found himself asking that to himself as well. Why did he lie in the first place? Didn't he feel suffocated just earlier? Why did he tell Ruri that he loves her when he can't even find the feeling he held for her in himself now?

"We've been together for two years now and I can't just let the memories we had go..." Oikawa weakly replied, palming his face as he remembered every date they had before.

"Do you still love her or do you love the past her?"

Oikawa froze and he slowly raised his head to look at Naoya's face. That question.... How should he answer it? Oikawa was left speechless that he didn't even register the static appearing on his vision or that everything was getting blurry.

"Naoya?" he called out, tired and hoarse when he sat up from his futon. His hand lifted and reached out, his mind still not registering that he had already left his dream and is now back to reality. He reached out, hoping to touch Naoya's worried face in front of him but he only touched air. He wasn't there. He was awake.

Oikawa continued his day in monotone, instinctively completing his routines and flirting with his fangirls but he couldn't feel anything other than numbness. It was like he lost all feelings on his body and the pricking of the invisible needles were all he could perceive.

It was gray. Everything was.

Matsukawa was asking Oikawa about some formations for their play but Oikawa couldn't hear it. Iwaizumi rolled his eyes and walked in front of them and he turned back to talk with Hanamaki when he saw Oikawa missing a step on the staircase.

"Oikawa!" he yelled and Matsukawa, thankfully moved fast, catching Oikawa's collar before he could tumble down the stairs but it was already too late. The damage had been done.

Oikawa grit his teeth at the sudden pain he felt on his ankle, pain far greater than the pin pricks of the needles. He cursed loudly as Hanamaki and Matsukawa aided him to the infirmary while Iwaizumi cleared a path for them.

"Tooru! Let me see Tooru!" he heard Ruriko's voice and Oikawa closed his eyes, keeping the pain to himself and not wanting to see his girlfriend at the moment.

'Do you still love her or do you love the past her?'

Naoya's question came to his mind again.

Oikawa muttered his reply.

"What the hell, Hajime? Why can't you just let me through?"

He dislikes how she treats his friends. He dislikes how she isn't being supportive of him. He dislikes how she mocks his passion for volleyball. He dislikes how she couldn't understand him.

Worst of all...

He dislikes how he lied to her.

'Do you still love her or do you love the past her?'

Naoya really knows how to make me speechless, Oikawa thought before he succumbed to the pain.

**

{End of Chapter}

Up next:

Footsteps and the sound of dried leaves being stepped on and fallen twigs breaking neared him and he made no move. He would wait for them to be closer to have a chance to grab them and restrict their movement when they intend to harm him. For now, he'll just observe and wait for what the nearing being would do.

*****

Author's note:

Thank you so much for reading this! 

Your comments are welcome as always and polite criticism is always accepted.