>> Chapter 16 <<

Previously: 

"When did I say I currently am?"

**

Furuya Naoya had always detested the feeling of boredom creeping through his body and mind. When he was young and living in France in the main residence of his mother's family, his older cousins were busy with their school to go and have fun with him. They did try to spend as much of their free time with him but Naoya still felt his life to be lackluster.

Reaching the age where he was to be enrolled to the same school with them, he was the only one out of seven cousins to be in first grade. Reputations were marked and most of his 'friends' made connections with him for the sole purpose of it, further boring the hell out of him.

He wasn't irritated nor had even a tinsy bit of grudge towards the reputation his family had or how it affected his personal relationships. It had just been so mundane. Nobody dared to act out, playing the roles they were given. Nobody just made him feel amused.

What did he do?

Young Naoya had, at first, forced himself to find amusement in all the smallest things people do, where were not amusing at all. For months, he'd trained himself to be like that, finding amusement even from the smallest stuff. He had grown used to it and he really did find amusement which kept him occupied but it didn't last long.

When his cousins started to notice about how young Naoya found amusement when they were suffering from procrastinating or from their school, they had helped him label it. They called him a sadist, not like Naoya cares. The people he found to be amusing before were becoming less and less amusing and Naoya found himself bored once again.

His father had proposed for him to come to Japan with him and Naoya, desperate to escape his dull life, agreed, bidding goodbye to his maternal family and his mom. He was enrolled in Fukurodani Academy, the only high school that was near his home and he was place in Class 1 since that was the only class which wasn't full.

His apple green eyes lost hope when none of his classmates attempted to talk to him. He'd thought that he'll be subjected to a boring life here in Japan again but his classmate, Bokuto Koutarou, had brightened his life along with his new friends.

The new friends stuck with him even when they became third years, even when he was transferred to Class 6, the college prep class, when he entered second year in Fukurodani Academy. They somewhat painted his life with various colors but it wasn't enough. Naoya needed more amusement and that giddy feeling that makes his heart jump and his blood to pulsate all around his body like raging bulls.

Naoya thought he wouldn't have that and was preparing to be contented with the somewhat happiness that the child-like Bokuto, cooperative Konoha, glutton Yukie and blunt Akaashi but the heavens decided to paint his scarcely colored canvass by splattering blotches of dark chocolate brown.

This Oikawa Tooru entered his life through his dreams and he was the first ever human to give Naoya the giddy feeling he had been looking for.

Oikawa Tooru amuses him to no end.

**

{End of Chapter}

Up next:

When he woke up and came down for his morning jog, his mother could hear him grumbling about Naoya always being secretive and how he was being a dummy for dampening the sweet moment.

*****

A little bit of background on Naoya.