>> Chapter 33 <<

Previously:

Naoya, in his mind, popped confetti's and played drum rolls as well as applauses when he saw that Tooru was captivated by his story telling and was now recovering faster from his slump.

**

When Oikawa Tooru had fallen asleep from listening to the hilarious narration of Naoya's life, he found himself standing in a different place when he opened his eyes. It wasn't the same scenery he was used to seeing whenever he fell asleep, no, it wasn't their shared dreamscape garden. It was different.

He found himself standing in the middle of a wide lavender field, the scent assaulting his sense of smell and his view drowning on the calming color of lavender. Tooru's heart picked up its speed, anxious of where he was and that he was alone.

His thoughts swirled to what Naoya had told him before they fell asleep; how their dreamscape shattered. Tooru began to blame himself again. Had he not been so weak, their connection wouldn't be cut off. Had he controlled his emotions and stabilized himself, their garden would've still be here and not him ending up getting stuck in a wide field of lavender.

Embracing himself, he shivered before taking steps forward to find a way out or some space where he can sit down. He searched the area if he could see some sign of Naoya being there and the longer he didn't see him, the more Tooru panicked.

Rustling was heard from behind him and he immediately turned to look at the source, anticipating that it would be Naoya but nothing was behind him. His lips pulled down to a frown and he continued to walk forward.

Tooru pouted at the seemingly never ending field, hands balled to fist and he gazed at the calm blue sky, "Dammit!" he yelled to no one in particular and stomped his feet, similar to a child who was throwing a tantrum.

He flinched when something caught his wrist mid-swing. The hold tightened and pulled him down to the ground. Tooru cursed and prepared himself to crash to the ground but he was surprised when he landed on a chest that rumbled with laughter. Tilting his head up, Tooru exclaimed, "Geh, Naoya?!"

Naoya raised a brow after he finished laughing. "Oi, oi. What was up with that geh, Tooru?" he was joking with him and Tooru could identify that amused twinkle in his apple green eyes, causing the dark chocolate brown haired male to pout and scrunch his nose in slight annoyance at how he was being made fun of.