>> Chapter 28 <<

Previously:

However, his good mood didn't last.

**

With gritted teeth and glassy eyes, Iwaizumi stared at the pathetic form of their club's captain.

 His back was to them and despite the ruckus that the others were making when they vented their frustration, he made no move to stop them or even indicate that he heard the lockers being shut loudly or punched. 

As if he didn't hear the sobs of his teammates.

He'd dealt with this for several times and he knew, that no matter how much he tried to help Oikawa forget and say some inspirational words, Oikawa would end up crying till dawn once he hides in his room. He'd act as if he was frustrated and childishly throw a tantrum about their loss in front of the members, eat as if he was venting his anger and then be a brat about what happened, completely hiding how much he wanted to fully vent what he's feeling inside until he reached home where he would break down, cry and release the pathetic self he'd hidden.

They're best friend and childhood friends; of course Iwaizumi would know how much façade Oikawa had.

He clicked his tongue and gathered the courage to tell the others to hurry up and gather their things since they will be departing. The match with Shiratorizawa was a close one but they didn't manage to steal one game from them. Oikawa had been pushing himself in their practices and further honing his skills, as did the team, but they weren't able to fully overwhelm Shiratorizawa. 

They lost, like they did for two years straight.

He lightly kicked Oikawa's back and when he saw his eyes, gods help the pain that stung Iwaizumi's heart.

What once were bright and mischievous dark chocolate eyes now became dull and dazed dark chocolate orbs who can't even reflect the person in front, too misted and buried within. Oikawa stared at him, his lips opening but no words came out, as if he lost his voice, and his ears weren't able to perceive anything save for the ringing that grew louder and drowning Iwaizumi's words. 

His head ached so much, as if someone was splitting it open without injecting anesthesia to him, letting him feel the raw pain from his head breaking apart in the middle. Even his mind refused to work, too blank and blurry for him to fully comprehend what is around him.

Seeing his words not getting through his friend, Iwaizumi hauled their bags on one hand and used his other hand to pull Oikawa up and drag him out the room. Despite walking for only a small distance, the eyes around him made Oikawa tense further, his body curving in to protect himself, trembling and his eyes stained with tears. His breathing was increasing and he soon felt unable to breathe.