Eleven

| Surprises |

I was awakened by Donghyun since he was the most hyper kid in the morning as we arrived the place. As we parked, the window lowered by the passenger seat. The guy there was given 4 sets of paper. We were all given the paper sized sticker with our names displayed underneath the company name. We were told to already peel off the paper on the back before placing it on our clothes. A few minutes later, we were told to exit and we did. Both Donghyun and I were celebrating excitedly as Youngmin and Jinyoung went to get the luggages.

"So we're pretty much one step closer to becoming an idol." I said as the four of us stood in a line looking at the building ahead ignoring the cameras in front of us.

We then walked towards the entrance following the hallway. We all were chit chatting till something in front of me opened which scared me.

"Woah." The others said then started heading to it.

With that, Jinyoung grabbed my wrist then dragged me over. He let go once we got to the opened entrance. Since the others weren't going in, I decided to just lead them in.

We entered another room that is bright, the walls were white, there was a big mirror too along with a writing spot. When we got to that spot, it was stacked with letters, A, B, C, D, and F. With all confidences, we all chose A.

"Doesn't this feel nerve wracking to you guys?" Jinyoung said as he didn't put on his letter yet.

"Hm, no. What's up?" Youngmin answered and look at him.

Jinyoung lowered the letter to its stack again then grabbed B. I was getting curious as to why he would do that. After placing on the sticker, the door opened slowly beside us.

"Daebak." Youngmin said as he walked through and see a mirror with the middle area opened.

We went through that the door, it was closing behind us slowly as we looked back. There was no turning back. We walked through the hall and made it the main area where there was 101 chairs. When we saw the picture, it was big, standing in front of it now is huge. I looked around the chairs were there was some trainees sitting in. I was shocked, I saw Daniel and Jisung together. Then I saw Seongwu sitting ahead smiling down at us.

"Ji-Jinyoung.." I stuttered and grabbed his attention.

"You see them too huh? Jihoon and Woojin is over there at the lower seats." Jinyoung pointed.

"Th-They were trainees?" I asked confusedly. I don't recall any of them being trainees.

"Come on let's go find a place to sit." Donghyun caught our attention as they were making their way to the chairs.

Honestly, I'm confident about my talent, I wanted to go to the number one seat.

"Hyungs, I wanna go up there." I said to them.

"Go ahead, we will be right here." Youngmin said.

At first, I thought and expect they would follow. Seeing Jinyoung also go with the other two, I don't know if I should go or not. I kept looking up at the chair and back at the others. I gave in and sat with them, besides I could possibly still go up there if I change my mind. I still ended up sitting in the higher number chair than the others. We sat there for awhile as more trainees were coming here and there till the individuals made their appearance. I kept looking at the hyungs who were trainees with their own company and their buddies. I saw one of the cameras beside me so I grabbed Jinyoung's attention before posing in front of it. We both ended up posing for the picture for a quick second before showing 5 trainers that had already debuted.

"Annyeonghaseyo 101 trainees." One spoke as they stood in a line while we looked at them in amazement.

I recognized the speaker, she's BoA, a soloist idol. After everyone introduced themselves, it was time for rank positioning. Some hyungs had already gone, it was true that some of them have the skills that they been bragging about before. Like example for Ong and 2Parks, no hate on Daniel and Jisung but they did very well. It was our turn, we went back to the same room from the very beginning then started to practice a little in there.

"We got this guys." Youngmin motivated us. "Let's get this show on the road."

He huddled up together chanting before heading back out to get in position. We waited a bit till the music cut on.

>>>

We were praised, we were given new rank, Jinyoung ended up getting C while I was the only one with an A rank. The other two dropped down a rank which was B. I felt bad for everyone especially Jinyoung. He knew that he would get a lower grade than all of us because he barely looked up at the audience and have confidence. When we were given the new rank, he was already having his head hung low. Once everyone was done, every trainee was set free to roam around the area. Instead of just hanging out, we were able to greet hyungs before heading back to our own assigned room.

"When did you guys become trainees?" I asked Daniel since he and Jisung hyung were the closest one.

"We became a trainee right after you arrived." They both answered.

"We were waiting for the great opportunity as well, so you can say that we've been trainees for some time now." Jisung added.

"Wah, I never knew hyungs are so talented." I said still with surprises in my voice.

"Yeah, hyungs are powerful." Daniel teased.

"Shut it Daniel." Jisung said playfully slapping him while I enjoyed the two's interaction. "Daehwi, you should go get some rest now, I'll see you tomorrow morning." Jisung added before waving a goodbye.