Nineteen

| News |

"Daehwi-ah! Jinyoung-ah!" I exit our room when our names were being call so early in the morning.

"What." I answered in a dead voice.

"C'mon! We're going to meet Rhymer." Youngmin said knocking some energy in us.

"N-Now?!" I asked and they nodded.

I only let out a frustrated sigh and stormed back into the room to get changed. I noticed the bag I had yesterday was still there untouched. His Birthday is coming up within weeks, hopefully nothing happens when it arrives. I finished changing and rushed out, I noticed the apartment is quiet and empty with the absence of the owners.

"Aish! They left me too!" I talked to myself as I rushed out of the apartment.

I got to the ground level and found them driving off. I swear I was gonna lose my mind when I saw the car drove off. I chased it for a quick second before seeing someone exit the car. The car drove off again, the sun was shining at this time too. I can see the person's body and facial from afar.

"Yah! Daehwi! Are you coming or what?" Jinyoung shouted waving his hands.

I speed walked over to him and he put me in headlock.

"H-Hyung!" I shouted for him to stop.

"C'mon, we're just gonna walk there." He said letting go.

"Cha, let's get something to eat?" He asked as we stopped in front of Brand New Cafe.

"Ah, after meeting with Rhymer." I suggested and he agreed.

>>>

"Ah, you two, welcome. Come on in." Rhymer said as we entered the door.

Donghyun and Youngmin were sitting beside Rhymer smiling brightly. I'm still clueless on what's going on as we sat across from them.

"Before I can say anything. Congratulations on your graduations." He said for Wanna One. "I hope Produce 101 and Wanna One had prepared you for your future."

"Yes, sir, why are you saying this now.?" I asked as to why he brought up our good times.

"Because..." He looked at the other two before showing a small smile to me. "You two, and these two, you guys will be one together debuting soon."

His words, for some reason, it left me speechless. I couldn't utter any words or make out a good sentence. I heard cheers and laughter from Rhymer. Youngmin and Donghyun surrounded me and Jinyoung while cheering in our ears.

"This isn't a joke right? Please tell me this is a joke." I said with surprise.

"I'm not joking Daehwi, you proven yourself within Wanna One contract, same for Jinyoung." He confirmed the fact. "If there's no more questions, I'll leave you guys alone for the time being. Be prepare for your soon comeback."

After few seconds of silence, he took his leave and left the four of us in the room. We got up from our seats, I looked the the two and Jinyoung. I felt a smile creeped up, I brung all of them into a big hug as all of us started to cheer from the news.

"Let's go celebrate at the cafe!" Donghyun mentioned.

Awh, I planned to go there with Jinyoung and hang out there for the time being.

"Ah, Donghyun, remember? You got something to do at school." Youngmin blurted which made Donghyun whine. "Haha, don't worry. I'll help you out so we can be able to do it sooner okay?"

We watched the two interaction before they excused themselves to go to Donghyun's school. Jinyoung wrapped his arms around my waist and again pulling me closer.

"Ah, let's go somewhere while we wait on the two." Jinyoung said as something popped up in mind.

>>>

"Seriously?" He said after I dragged him over to the destination.

"C'mon, it won't be that bad." I assured him and run inside the store.

I ran to electronics side of the store with Jinyoung following behind. I skim around the sections that I found what I was looking for. Music equipment, not surprising after all for me. I examined through various of equipments, some pianos too.

"What do you want to get? I'll buy it for you." Jinyoung said coming behind me with a cart.

"You don't have to do that." I told him.

"Stop worrying, besides we got the money right? Why not go ahead use it on something you want." He explained.

"Fine, if you say so." I said showing a smile.

>>>

"Yah.. you expect us to go home with these boxes?" He complained as he was holding 4 boxes of equipment.

"Calm down, it's not they're heavy." I said carrying 2 boxes.

Jinyoung muttered something behind me in response.

"Say again?"

"Nothing!"

We got home a little later than what I expected. We could've gotten home earlier if Jinyoung wasn't taking breaks. We carried the boxes to my room and Jinyoung landed on the bed tired and breathless.

"Ah, you really went all out just for one set." He said as I hummed in response.

"Cha, rest up. We need to go to Brand New Cafe soon to meet with Donghyun and Youngmin hyung." I informed him.

"Yeah yeah, I know." He said getting under the covers.

I let out a light chuckle watching him getting comfortable. I decided to let him rest in peace, I went out of the apartment for the time being. First thing I did was get a taxi and head back home to meet the other hyungs.

Knock

Knock

I waited at the front door for them to answer. A minute passed, nothing... half an hour passed, still nothing. I let out a sigh and turned away for a second before the door opened.

"Daehwi? Oh dear, you could've messaged us that you're coming!" Jaehwan said.

"I wanna surprise yall." I responded.

"Come on in, where's Jinyoung? You would usually come with him." He let me inside then asked the question.

"He's back at the apartment resting peacefully."

"Wouldn't he be worried about your absence?"

"He'll be fine, besides he can message me or the others."

"If you say so. Come on, since the others are in their own companies right now, I'm the only person here." Jaehwan explained.

"Let's play some games to kill time yeah?"

"I thought you would never ask."