II: Butterflies

"GET THIS FUCKING BABY OUTTA ME?!" Lani yelled, sweat dripping down her face as she felt the pain badly in between her legs

Lani yelled, sweat dripping down her face as she felt the pain badly in between her legs. She leaned her head back, crying, tears running down her face as she looked in between her legs pushing for dear life until she heard the tears of one baby coming out of her.

She sighed, relaxing when she heard the cries. "It's a babygirl!" The doctor spoke. "She's healthy and her lungs are working good."

"GET HIM OUT OF ME?!" She yelled screaming again as she felt another baby about to come out of her as she clamped down on Malachi's hand. "I CANT DO THIS BABY!"

"You got too baby?" She spoke. "Just push one more time, one more?!" He spoke holding onto her hands in his as their babygirl was in an incubator getting checked out.

"I CAN'T DO IT," she spoke, tears rushing down her face. It was horrible, the pain, she hated it.. the whole pregnancy. The throwing up, the sickness, the weight. It was a miserable pregnancy just to meet her little ones, and at that moment she just wished for another way for him to get out of her. "I CAN'T CHAI."

"LOOK AT ME?!" He spoke. She looked at him, tears on her face. "I love you a'ight, and me and you both know you strong as hell," he spoke. "I know it hurt, Lani, I know," he pleaded. "But you gotta push baby, you have too. Just one more."

She looked at him, and he pushed her hair back as she did it.. pushing one more time until she felt another baby being pulled out of her. But no screams. "Is he okay?" She spoke looking towards Malachi as the doctor got up going by the nurses with the baby. "Chai, what's wrong with my baby?" She spoke, about to cry.

"Doc, what's wrong with him?" Chai spoke only to get no response as they worked. Lani bussed out in tears, about to break the fuck down until she heard the sound of a baby boy screaming.

"He okay," Chai spoke. "He good, baby."

She continued to cry, as a feeling rushed over her. She cared so much about somebody other than herself for the first time in her life, she felt a feeling that she would feel for the rest of her life, the feeling of a mom... the thing that she had just became in the last twenty four hours.

She tried to catch her breath, looking over at Chai. "He's okay?"

"Yeah baby," he spoke pecking her lips. "You did it."