VII: Talk

"Okay so the names will be posted up on the bulletin tommorow, and you will know if you got on the team or if you didn't," She heard the coach speak before tryouts were over

She heard clapping on the bleachers and turned to see Summer. "You killed it girl," she spoke. "I know you have to be on the team."

"I don't know."

"Why you say that?" Summer asked, since they were cool and had been hanging together since a week ago. "Because it's been a minute since I've done track," she spoke. "But I hope I did good enough."

"Oh well you were fast as fuck so I think your gonna be on the roster," she spoke. "But are you going to the pre football game party that Coby having?"

"I don't know," she spoke sitting on the bench. "It's so damn hot out here," she spoke fanning her face. It was hot, shit too hot to be outside at a pool party.

"Right," Summer spoke

"Right," Summer spoke. "But these parties be lit, and it's gonna be cool at night, so whatchu think?"

"Please, I'll pick you up, you don't even have to drive," Summer spoke giving her a smile, causing Zion to roll her eyes. "Fine. But anybody try to start some shit with me, I'm gone," she spoke. "I just wanna have fun tonight."

Summer smiled. "Oh trust me, we having fun tonight Zee!"

After leaving tryouts, and eating lunch with Summer, Zion made it back home to see her dads car parked in the driveway. Her eyebrows went up in confusion, as she got out of the car, drink in hand, while she sipped from it.

She walked into the house, since the door was already opened, and heard laughing and talking coming from the living room as she closed the door. "ZION?!"

"ITS ME!" She yelled back at her mom and walked into the living room they were. When she did, her eyes fell on the one person she wasn't expecting to see, her cousin.