XII: Her Way

She walked up to the house door, waiting for it to open, with a emotionless face

"Mrs. Montgomery," she heard, and the wrinkles she really didn't have left and her eyes went towards the lady who had called her name. "I didn't want to call the police, come in," she spoke. "I didn't want to involve them, when I saw them fighting her in the middle of the road, I knew I had to bring her back here."

Delion smiled, vaguely. "Thank you, Jean," she spoke. "Where is my daughter?" She asked.

"Zion," Jean spoke, a neighbor who had saw Zion fighting in the middle of the street and had brought her home, breaking up the fight. Zion appeared, and her face didn't look beat up at all, only having a small scratch on her lip and a red face. It had been only two months since her little brother had died.... and all that anger went towards fighting the two bitches who thought they were just about to jump her..

"Thank you Jean, again," she spoke walking out with Zion who was avoiding eye contact with her. She just knew her mom was pissed, and she was right too as Jean welcomed her and they walked out of the house, getting into the Range, and driving two houses down to their home. Zion started to get out of the car. "No," Delion spoke. She stopped moving, back hitting the seat. "What were you thinking?" She spoke.

"They started it," she spoke. "What? You didn't want me to defend myself?" She asked.

"I'm not saying that," Delion spoke. "But—

Zion rolled her eyes, huffing. "Well then what are we even talking about mama?" She asked looking her moms way, and all Delion saw was hurt in her eyes. Pain. A broken heart, and she was too familiar with that look because it was the same look her husband had, the same one she had carried so many times..

Her face went away as she got out of the car, slamming the door. Delion got out after her, mad. "Zion?!" She yelled. "Zion!"

Zion walked into the house, and her mom grabbed her arm right after the door slammed right after her. "Mama—

"Do not walk away when I'm talking to you?!" She spoke, no yelled. Zion turned towards her, tears in her eyes. "What mama?" She spoke. "What does any of it matter anymore?"

"Zion, baby—

"I'm done with everything," she spoke tears coming down her face. "I didn't even want to fight them, or start it, they stopped their car and tried to jump me when Mrs. Jean pulled up," she spoke.