XXIII: Girls Need Love Too

Delion looked at the stone, running her hand over it and felt tears drop down her face, before she carelessly wiped them

Delion looked at the stone, running her hand over it and felt tears drop down her face, before she carelessly wiped them. She lost her sister, another piece of heart, and she was just happy that they fixed everything before she left this earth.. but she wished she could see her once more, or just talk to her because Lani always knew how to make you laugh or feel better.

She had brought new flowers, red and white, and laid them to rest on her tombstone.

It read:

Delani "Lani" James
1979-2019
A phenomenal wife, mother, sister, and friend
"If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever."

"You okay?" Glock asked from behind her, and she looked over at him, and her lip was trembling because she felt like she was about to cry. "Delion," he spoke hugging her. "I'm here," he spoke rubbing her back as she cried into his arms.

Death always hit her the hardest because she had been through so much. She had been raped, saw her brother shot and killed in front of her, saw her boyfriend shot and almost killed in front of her, witnessed her sons death, and now she had lost her sister.. who not only she had lost but her siblings and her neice and nephew had lost as well.. and that hurt her to the core.

Because it was so different because they lost their mother. And she hated that for them.. but she was trying to be strong and get through it even though that part was always hard for her because she dealt with loss constantly in her life and never really had been able to just get over it and move on.. she just became hardened to it all.

"I know," she spoke. "Thank you," she spoke moving away from him and wiping her face. "Every time I come out here I cry," she spoke.

"It ain't shit wrong with that," he spoke. "Sometimes you gotta cry to let it out."

She looked away. "I just keep thinking that this isn't real," she spoke. "That Dylan And Chai didn't lose their mother so young, that Malachi didn't lose his wife. And that we didn't lose our friend and sister," she spoke. "But we did."

"We did," he spoke holding onto her hand. "And we gone get thru it."

"Yeah I hope so," she spoke with a sigh looking back towards him. "Thanks for always looking out for me Glock."

He shook his head. "Always Del. Imma always look out for you and our family, you know that."

"I know I'm just saying thank you," she spoke. "I love you," she spoke putting her hand on his face. "I love you too Delion," he spoke bringing her closer to him and kissing her lips. It turned into a makeoit session between them like they were still in there damn twenties, well that was into she felt her phone ringing on her thigh. It was Demi calling.