Can't Have Her (Paul)

Paul's POV:

She was the prettiest girl I had ever seen. I had grabbed a cup of coffee with her a couple times. But she had gotten into a relationship and only thought of me as a friend. Worst of all she was in a relationship with one of the editors that worked at the studio, Stan. He had her. She seemed to send me signals of interest, but then I always saw her playing tonsil tennis with him later that same day.
~A few years later~

It's been 3 years. It's tearing me up inside and I don't know what to do. The boys know and have told me numerous times that I needed to get over her and move on. I can't do it. This is the perfect girl and I can't forgive myself for never asking her out when I had the chance. (Y/n) would never be mine.

"Get over her mate." John said putting his arm around me as we walked into the studio after our lunch break. "She's not worth tears." He had deep sympathy for me and I could hear it laced in his voice, along with annoyance. I knew he was tired of me and my dumb crush, but he still tried to support me. I plastered my fake exterior excitement and walked through the doors.

"Mornin' you two!" (Y/n) greeted us in the hallway as we walked in. I smiled a genuine smile at her, like I did every time I could catch her glimpse. "Harrison and Starr got here like 10 minutes ago. I think Ringo's warming up."
~10 minutes later~

We started playing. While recording Little Child, and Till There Was You all I did was make eye contact with (y/n) and smile, I bopped around with George and John at my shoulders. We sang together.

At the end of the recording session we had finished up the new album. (Y/n) stayed in the office to work on editing the new album with her boyfriend. I was quite disappointed that I didn't get to say goodbye to (y/n) on my way out, and I guess I didn't do a good job of hiding it from the other 3. "Come on Man!" George sighed. "It's murder on your mind thinking about her."

"Why don't we go over to the pub. Maybe find a different girl for ya." John suggested. Right as I began to protest he grabbed my wrist. "Come on!"

The loud music from the pub drowned out my thoughts. Some still got through. I was a little upset still. While the the other three were preoccupied with flirting and chatting up some girls, I snuck out of the pub and walked in the direction of the recording studio. The sun was going down and there was a figure sitting on the steps of the recording studio, they had their legs pulled into their chest and it looked as though they were crying. Curious I walked over to see who it was. My shoe scuffed the ground rather loudly. The figure looked up at me looming over them.

And it turned out to be (y/n). "Are you ok?" I asked her sitting a good meter or two from her.

"Yeah." She said looking away from me. Obviously brushing away her tears like they were nothing. "I'm fine."

"(Y/n)." I whispered "look at me love" she shook her head. "(Y/n)" I said a little louder but still gently "look at me." I scooted a couple centimeters closer. She looked in my direction but she had her head angled towards the ground. "Look up love" I said gently coaxing her. She looked up and locked eyes with me. She had a bruise forming on her left eye. She had the most pained look lingering in her eyes. "Love, you aren't ok." I opened my arms and she scooted closer and collapsed into me. She started crying. "What happened love?" I asked her.

"Stan got stressed like he does from time to time" she sniffled. "He went out for a cigarette. He came back.." she trailed off in her blubbering. I hugged her tightly. "He smelled like booze." She finally mustered out.

"Oh.. Love" I sighed.

"He got in a Heated argument with George" She sputtered. "George fires him and he got so mad he punched me." She sobbed. "Oh, Paul I do t think I can go home to him tonight." She sobbed louder and harder shaking as her own words sunk in.

"You can stay with me for a while" I whispered. "I don't mind."

"You really mean that?" She sat up looking at me hope laced in her eyes.

"Of course I do love." I said to her. Surprised that she would even ask such a question. With that she threw her arms around my neck. I smiled, happy to have helped her.