Uncomfy (George)

George sat on the sofa. The rest of the band was nowhere to be seen. Ringo had went to pick up lunch for the band, he had left minutes ago. Paul had gone for a walk to think. George had a look of discomfort on his face.

"George dear, what's troubling you?" I asked him, quite concerned. George was never this uncomfortable, unless-

"Good day Y/N" John walked in, arms linked with non other then Yoko. I understood exactly why George was uncomfortable.

"Why hello John." I smiled. "Hello Yoko." I nodded.

"She smiled a little and nodded a quiet "Hello" back at me. I don't think Yoko liked me very much. She seemed to like me a little at the start, but then she got on a bad foot with George and things didn't turn out so hot for my reputation with her. I defended George whenever they squabbled, which was often. John seemed a bit peeved sometimes when I joined in on the squabbles. But John can't hate me due to the fact that we've been friends our whole lives.

After a very dragged out few minutes of uncomfortable silence I heard a door and a pair of voices. Paul and Ringo had come back, carrying food for us. I sat on George's lap as we enjoyed our food. Yoko and John where laughing about something and Paul was talking about music with Ringo and George. I just listened in.

"I have a song for the album." John stated. He seemed a little exited about it but overall looked a little bit bored.

"Do you? Well let's hear it." George said with a little bit of excitement.

"Actually, Yoko and I wrote it." John said, making sure to lock eyes with all the band members as he spoke. I felt George slightly shift. His whole mood changed and o
I could just feel the disappointment slowly growing. Yoko already helped with a song on the album. George wasn't too keen on that given Paul's girlfriend Linda, Ringo's wife Maureen, or I were aloud to sing on any album. No spouses sang with the Beatles. Nobody really sang with the Beatles. Occasionally we get some other singers to do little bits with but they're famous and successful.

Looking at the others and their expressions that were ever so slightly different showed me that they felt the same as George did. I was upset for all of them.

Number 9? I don't think I'd call that lyrics. It was a bit too repetitive for my taste. Definitely the worst song to put on such a successful band's album. Yoko has a weird taste. "You think this song has what it takes?" Ringo asked.

"Of course!" John said with confidence. He was a bit delusional.

"Really?" Paul gave him a serious look.

"You really think this is good for our album?" George asked, anger staying at the back of his throat. I could see him holding it all back. I was going to hear all that anger later when Yoko and John are at home. I grabbed his had and squeezed. He squeezed back.

"Yes this is going to be a successful song!" Yoko said. She didn't hide her anger very well.

"I would be so sure." George calmly retaliated.

"Well I'm not so worried seen as your songs are on there." She jeered. Her anger wasn't hidden in the slightest. Jealousy heavily laced her voice. Her face was pretty red.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked her. I wasn't calm. I hid my anger better but it poked out. Nobody insulted my Husband's music. Nobody. George gave my hand a squeeze.

"It's exactly as it sounds." She stepped forward. I let go of George. My hand slipping from his grasp. I stepped forward. I stood taller then Yoko. I wasn't backing down. She could try and intimidate me all she wanted. It wasn't working. If she threw a punch, that's a different story.

John reached out and pulled Yoko back to him. I locked eyes with him. He looked a little sorry for the situation. I walked back to George. I was calmer. John and Yoko left. I didn't want to talk to either of them for a little while. I wasn't coming here tomorrow. I was staying home. I wrapped my arms around George. Hugging him. I stayed there for a few minutes. George talked to the other two about what to do with the situation. It was decided that George was going to take a couple days off. They weren't going to record today or tomorrow. So everyone could cool down.

I walked home with George. We both complained about Yoko and ranted about the song. We ended up joking around and mocking each other in childish ways. It started to rain so we took a long walk around the park in the rain before heading home, soaked and smiling after that pretty terrible day.

I don't quite know what I was doing. I just kinda typed. It got intense. I just kinda went woah woah calm down. It's kinda funny to imagine. Just like having a staring contest to see who's the most threatening. Well I hope y'all are doing well! I love you all!

Stay Lovely 😊