Brunch (Ringo)

Thank you marmaladeskies67 for this wonderful suggestion. My apologies for taking so long. I hope you enjoy!

We left the house at around 8 o'clock. The sun was shining on the front door this morning, already warming everything. The silhouettes of the houses on the other side of the street stretched vastly all over the front yard. The car was quite cold due to it sitting in the shade. Ringo started the car have me a smile and a wink and we were on our way.

We were meeting his parents for a nice brunch at their house. We wanted to visit while the band was taking a small break from songwriting. We arrived, Ringo running around the car to open my door for me. I smiled as he held out his arm for me to grab. We walked up to the door and gave a quick knock. There was a split second of silence, then the door burst open. There stood Elsie, Ringo's mum.

"Hello loves!" She exclaimed, bringing us each in for an individual hug. "My, my, Y/N you look so beautiful today." She smiled her warm smile. I lived Ringo's mother.

"Thank you mum." I smiled. Her eyes crinkled with joy as she gleamed at us.

"Come in darlings!" She exclaimed stepping aside for us to come right in.

"Good morning Harry!" I greeted Ringo's stepfather. He was on the couch drinking some coffee. He looked up with a smile.

"Good morning y/n!" He greeted back his smile growing. "Good morning Richard."

Brunch had gone smoothly. I had helped Elsie with breakfast and setting the table. We made small talk about how marriage life was going for me. We ate brunch and talked about everything it seemed. We mainly discussed the band and how they were holding up, and what I though about their success. We talked about how Ringo being gone would be a struggle eventually. I tried my best to swerve the conversation so the topics didn't land on me.

I helped with the dishes and we all moved into the living room. I looked around the room at all the photos on the walls. They were all mainly ringo as a child. I smiled, walking over to look at all the photos closely. There was a picture of ringo, holding a blanket and sitting on the floor. He looked about five and he had on the cutest overalls. Another photo was Ringo, around 4 grinning the biggest grin and holding what looked to be a stuffed bear.

"I still have that stuffed bear." Elsie said walking out of the room. She came back after a few minutes holding a rather large box. She set it on the floor. I opened it and smiled. Baby things. A whole bunch of things Ringo had as a baby. "I kept them around for my grandchildren." Elsie smiled.

"These are so cute!" I exclaimed. There was the blanket from the picture. There was a the bear, he was a little tattered but still adorable.

"I want my grandchildren to run around with these." Elsie said. "Of course if Richard even has time for a family, you can't just leave her home."

"Actually mum." I looked up at her. "We we're starting to think about children."

"Starting?" Ringo asked. "You've been talking about kids since when we first started dating." He chuckled.

"Oh that's fabulous!" Elsie beamed.

"Richie here will make time for the children, and even when he's away I'll be able to care for them." I assured.

"Well Elsie and I will take care of them when in need. She loves her future grandchildren already." Harry smiled.

"Oh yes! That's perfect for us!" I smiled. Things were going to turn out fine.

I want a baby. I don't want to go through the whole birth process right now.. but I want a baby right now. There will come a time.

Stay Lovely