Prisoner For Today (Ringo)

I rolled over and saw the clock. Trying to make out the hands in the dark proved a little difficult.

4:30 am

I rolled back onto my back. I stared at the ceiling. I had been tossing and turning all night. I couldn't sleep. I quietly looked at my fiancé, he was sound asleep. I sat upright and got out of bed as quickly and quietly as possible. Slipping on my slippers and grabbing my robe I walked into the kitchen and put the kettle on. Grabbing my favorite cup I owned, my tea bag, and my tea fixings, I set up my tea making station on the counter. The kettle started whistling quietly, I grabbed it and turned off the stove quickly, before it woke up Ringo. Pouring my tea, I got some biscuits from my cupboard.

When my tea was done being made, I sat down with a book at my dining room table. As I polished off my tea and biscuits, I thought about how I didn't get to go on tour with my fiancé when he went away for a few weeks to the United States. I was a little jealous that I didn't get to see New York, but nobody knew that Ringo was getting married except the Band. Paparazzi just thought I was a temporary girlfriend. They'll get there. My mind wandered quite a bit as I polished off the rest of my tea. I looked over at the clock on my dining room wall.

5:48

I lit a candle and turned off all my lights, walking back down my hallway into my bed. I lay down in bed before blowing out my candle. Staring up at the ceiling, I was growing a little drowsy from the warmth in my body from the tea. I jumped as Ringo's voice broke through the silence. "Love are you ok?" He sounded a little concerned.

"I was ok, then you startled me. Dear God Ringo you scared the living hell out of me." I held my hand over my ponding heart.

"Sorry Love, you've just been in the kitchen for over an hour." Ringo's soft voice traveled through me, calming my heart.

"Couldn't sleep, so I made myself some tea." I sighed "I had nothing better to do, besides not sleeping in here."

"Caffeine isn't going to help you sleep." Ringo sighed, sounding a little exasperated. "You should have just made yourself some cocoa or just warm milk."

"I didn't use the caffeinated kind Ringo" I mimicked his exasperated sigh. I sat up, looking at him. I turned over crawling close to him and laying on his chest. My hand found his and I laid on his chest gradually falling asleep, listening to his breathing. Slipping into peaceful sleep.

I opened my eyes. The sun was up, my room was thankfully still dark enough for me. I lifted my head. Quite unaware of my surroundings. I sat up. Bringing one hand up to rub my eyes, I tried lifting my other hand before I realized I was holding something. I opened my eyes, looked around and found Ringo looking up and smiling at me. "Good morning my dear."

"Morning" I mumbled. Groggy from the sudden exposure to reality. I started to grasp my bearings and get out of my covers and get up. I found myself falling backwards as Ringo pulled me back into bed.

"No! You can't get up!" Ringo said with a smirk. "I won't let you! You're my prisoner for today." He said sternly.

"Well can your prisoner get some eggs and take a shower?" I laughed.

"Fine." He stated. "You get in the shower, I'll make some breakfast, then you have to do as I say." I nodded in agreement. I got in the shower humming some songs from the new Beatles album With the Beatles. I dried off slipping a dress on and drying my hair as I walked into the kitchen. Ringo had two plates set at the table that looked scrumptious.

We both finished our meals and I did the dishes, cleaning up my dishes from my tea. Ringo grabbed my hand and led me to his drum kit. I looked at him a little confused. I never touched his drum kit unless I was dusting it. It was Ringo's prized possession. I didn't quite know what to do when he handed me his drumsticks. He sat me down at the stool. "Play" he commanded.

"Ringo I don't-" I started.

"You are my prisoner today," he cut me off. "You do as I say." He smirked "Now play me a song." I looked at the drums, flustered. I got overwhelmed, so I just dropped the sticks and crossed my arms. I refused to play Ringo's drums. He had tried for the last couple years to get to play them. To tell the truth I was intimidated by them, because Ringo made it look so simple, but I knew I couldn't get the drums to sound like that. Ringo looked at me realizing I was flustered. He grabbed the sticks from the floor. "Stand up real quick love" he told me sweetly. I did as he said and he sat down pulling me onto his lap and sticking the sticks in my hand, positioning my fingers correctly. He held my wrists and gently led my hands to the drums. I was playing random songs.