Forward (Paul)

I leaned against the wall. I could hear the music through the wall. The best of the drums pulsed lightly through the bricks. If I pressed my ear against the bricks just right I could just about hear everything. The erupting of the girls in the audience who not once ceased screaming. It was hard to hear everything due to the screaming but I managed to hear enough.

Truth be told, I'm sitting here in this alley way due to the fact that I can't afford a ticket to see the Beatles. I could never get into the packed pubs where they played either. Hell I could never even catch a glimpse of them. All I had was their records and I could make my peace with only seeing their faces printed out in colored ink.

I listened as I could hear Paul yelling rather loudly whilst singing. I sighed. I could hear the instruments. And with the level of focus I had, I could ignore the screaming and just hear the band. That's the only thing I wonder. To see the Beatles live, can you even hear the music?

I sat quietly, closing my eyes as the last song ended. The band yelled a goodnight. I just sat against the door, head back. Then. Pressure. I was being pushed. By the door.

"Bloody Hell!" A man's voice sighed. "Aye, you can't be sitting here miss.

"My apologies sir." I said loud enough to hear as I scrambled to my feet. He kinda gave me a look, his eyes traveled up and down my person, a look of general distaste was plastered as his expression.

"Whats going on out there?" A voice from within.

"Nothing to concern yourself with Mr-" His sentence was cut short. The man had gone and a new face came with the body that came from behind the door. It was in fact. Paul McCartney. I admit my knees melted right then and there. It was flipping Paul McCartney in the flesh. Breathing my air.

"What seems to be the trouble here Mrs?" He asked with a kind face. He had a little smile as he spoke and his eyes seemingly sparkled as he spoke. His lovely brown hair fit his face. He was just as good looking as his pictures. If not, better looking.

"N-no trouble here." I stumbled a bit on my words. "I was just-" I didn't really have an excuse. I stopped myself from telling the truth too to avoid sounding pitiful and slightly crazy.

"Well love, why don't you come with me and my friends here and we can treat you to some tea." He smiled at me, his eyes somehow sparkled more.

-time skip brought to you by Yoko's mic being shut off during a Chuck Berry and John Lennon colab-

The band and I had been talking for a good hour. The tea was long gone and we were just talking about life mainly. The subject finally couldn't be avoided anymore and I was asked why I was on the opposite side of the door.

"Well, here's the thing..." I trailed off. "I- you see-"

"What the problem love?" Paul looked concerned.

"I'm a big fan. Huge fan. Love your line of work and everything you do." I nattered. "I wanted to see you in concert but I don't have the money you see. So the only way to hear the music live is by listening from outside..." I looked at the floor.

"Well you shouldn't be forced to sit on the ground in an Alley in order to hear us." Paul said, looking upset. "Here's what we're gonna do about this. Every show we have, you are invited to. For free."

"Oh, no, I could never ask you to do that. That's practically taking money out of your pockets."

"You didn't let me finish love. What do you say to becoming an assistant of sorts?"

"What do you mean?" I was very confused.

"Like if we need something you're the first person we turn to." Paul smiled. "You will be apart of our staff and be able to come to shows ever night."

"I'd say, yes. I'll take the job." I smiled.

"Well you said yes to this. How about lunch?"

"I will go for lunch."

"Perfect, let's say Friday at 11."

"Sounds perfect."

"Than it's a date Mrs Y/N."

That was kinda cheesy. We live for cheesy sometimes. I hope all of you are surviving. Stay Well!

Stay Lovely 😊