And I like you (Paul)

He knows I like him. He has to, right? It seems like he likes me. I think? Hints work? He gives me hints right? He likes me.. he's got to. There's too much going on here for him to not like me. I think.

School sucks. The only great part is I have all 6 classes with my crush. He talks to me, which is a first. A nice change from liking from afar, never talking always starring. Paul McCartney, he was cute, very attractive. The downside of his attractiveness is quite a lot of girls like him, a lot more attractive girls ahead of me. (This is just part of the story! All of you are gorgeous!!!)

I slapped my notebook on my desk before class began, the sound was like an echo as my classmates smacked their books on the table as well.

The tables sat in horizontal rows, two walk ways on either side of the middle room section. There were 3 rows of 3 tables, each table seated 2 people, 6 people sat in each row in the middle section. The two sections at the side of the room only had 2, 2 seater tables per row.

I sat in the front row, middle table on the right side. My best friend, Cynthia sat next to me at my table, Paul sat directly behind me. Paul sat with his friend John, who Cynthia had a crush on. They chattered and made fun of us every day when we came into class.

I flipped through my notebook to a blank page, so I'd be ready for the class when it started. I was relatively early to class, which was normal. Cynthia hurried into class, which wasn't the most unusual, the only unusual thing about today was she was on time.

"What you rushin for? You're early Cyn." I chuckled as she plopped herself down.

"Old habits die hard." She breathed out a little laugh. She pulled out her notebook and it smacked onto the table. The teacher looked up every time someone did that. He had a look of annoyance on his face every single time, which I can't wrap my head around due to the fact that the class rules are to be ready before class starts. I'm surprised he looked annoyed at Cynthia, she was always late and her stuff was out 5 minutes after class started.

I wasn't really paying attention to anything as the chatter of my classmates filled the room. My eyes were on the door, waiting. Of course. And as if they felt their cue, Paul and John stumbled into the classroom laughing about something. My eyes flicked away from the door because, well.. my own logic. I can't make eye contact with him as soon as he steps into the room.

They loudly sat themselves behind Cynthia and I. Cyn and I exchanged a smirk.

"Wow look who's early today!" John jeered.

"It is a first." Cynthia did a 180 in her chair. Almost like every villain when they get access to a swivel chair. Yeah I was about to do the same thing.. what's your point?

"The real question is, was Powell here before l/n?" I could hear the smile in Paul's voice. I gave myself a millisecond to stop my heart from bursting out of my chest before pulling a 180.

"That is a real question." I smiled lightly, leaning back a bit.

"5 bucks says she was here first." John laughed.

-time Skip brought to you by Maxwell, because he didn't like school either-

"No. Definitely not." My face was hit from laughter.

"Come on. It's easy, just tell him." Cynthia pushed my arm a bit.

"Alright, if it's so easy, you go tell John how you feel. Then you can come tell me that."

"Maybe I will."

"No you won't." I opened my eyes wide, not so much in shock but more like a mom telling her 6 year old son that he better not touch her food. "'Cause if you tell him I gotta say something and I can't."

"What's the worst thing that could happen?"

"I could die."

"You won't die."

"He could reject me then never talk to me again." Cynthia was quiet. "Yeah. I'm not about to lose all this progress."

"Fine if you don't tell him I will."

"Did you not listen to all the fears I just poorer into your lap?"

"Face your fears!"

"You face your own fears, I'm gonna just.., go over here."

"Oh no you're not," she grabbed my hand. "We either go to him or bring him here."

"When did we decide we're doing this now?" She ignored me and marched me down the halls. "I didn't agree to walk this way."

My stomach clenched. It felt like the butterflies were just getting bigger while at the same time something was reaching down my throat to squeeze all the butterflies out of me. My throat was closed, my hands got sweaty. Stress just kinda hit me like a train. Not the greatest thing in the world, but you know what? I'm still being dragged by my best friend, who, if she was anyone else she'd get the snot kicked out of her. Unfortunately I volunteered to be friends with this beautiful little shit.

"You're gonna pay for this Cynthia Powell." I grumbled under my breath.

"Oí! McCartney!" I didn't even look up. There was no way I was about to make any form of eye contact with him.

"Whasup?"

"We're gonna take a walk." I still wasn't looking up or speaking any form of words. The butterflies were just renting a room that was my throat at the moment.

We walked for a bit, just around campus, away from people. Nobody else needs to see me like this.

"You know I forgot I needed to do something." She walked over, about 12 feet away and just stood there. I looked at the grass that was like 3 feet away, and absentmindedly walked towards it.

"What's going on? You upset with me? Awe did I hurt your feewings l/n?" Only in my daydreams pretty boy. I still stayed quiet trying to figure out how to break the news. "Why is Powell standing over there?" He chuckled at that. "Wait don't tell me... you... yeah I got nothing." I chuckled, still uncomfortable but that lightened the mood. "You just don't speak now? You had so much to say earlier."

I kicked at the grass. I felt my face heat up. I'm sure I was maroon at this point. "Wait? Wait... waaait." I looked up at this. Red and wide eyed. "You... you..." I just nodded. "Oh."

"That sounded uplifting." I chuckled awkwardly.

"I'm sorry y/n." I just continued smiling. I'll admit my heart dropped so far down I'm pretty sure it was on the opposite side of the world. "I'm not looking for anything like that."

"Yeah, I understand." I knew I was foolish.

"Soo. What now?"

"We continue like normal. Nothing has to change." He smiled at that.

"Sounds like a deal there l/n."

"Wow I love this awkward moment I created." Cynthia came up laughing.

I rolled my eyes, "consider yourself thanked."

Paul walked back to where he was with his friends. "Sorry y/n."

"It's fine, honestly. He's still my friend. Hopefully nothing changes with that."

There was a LOT of stuff going on with me as I wrote this 😅. This may or may not be slightly based of a true story. I am still friends with the person I told, but yeah.. same outcome. Not everything is romantic I guess, that's okay tho.

Stay Lovely 😊